Mudding!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Mudding!

Post by N1VSM »

Went playing in the mud with my almost 7 year old as my co-pilot. (It was HIS idea! That's m'boy!) As some background info, this July was the wettest here in the last 70 years - rained ALL but 7 days: "official" total of almost 12". :shock: Drove out through seemingly impassable terrain (washed-out fire roads complete with the streams that washed 'em out still flowing). Hit the old shooting range that years ago was "adopted" by local trail riders and turned into a usually dry area to play with the off-road vehicles. Only one way to describe it: unbelievable mud! :D 3+ foot deep puddles. Muck & slop everywhere. What fun! (RATS. Forgot the camera.)
As we puled onto our street the engine started to do that surge-sputter-surge-sputter-surge-sputter thing. Oil pressure dropped to below 10 PSI (trustworthy mechanical gauge). Seriously bad mojo. Oh well, overdue for a complete fluid change anyway. I know what I'll be doing this week. :roll:
Engine's due for an overhaul now that I think of it: I was 4 months old the last time it was rebuilt.
Just thought I'd share.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Oh the cleaning you will be doing now.... :) Oh and yeah I see you forgot the camera, but still.... "this thread is worthless with out pictures"... :)

Glad you had fun, hope the engine problem is something simple like the water proof ignition isn't...
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Post by N1VSM »

k8icu wrote:"this thread is worthless with out pictures"
Amen to that.
k8icu wrote:Glad you had fun, hope the engine problem is something simple like the water proof ignition isn't...
I think the problem is oil + water + leaky cylinders = lousy compression. The oil leaks out, so I'd assume the water leaks in, too. We'll see what sort of envirodisaster I drain out of the block (and the t-case and the transmission, etc.)
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.