waves at the crowd

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Teoma
PVT
PVT

waves at the crowd

Post by Teoma »

Just wanted to drop ya'll a line here from the great white north west. I'm the proud new owner of a much abused 1954 m37. Well actually it started life as a m43 but somewhere along the line the M37 cab and a flat deck found it's way onto the frame.
My intention is to restore it back to original military trim ie m37. No doubt it's going to be a long process and I'll be leaning on you lot for some technical as well as sourcing info
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Welcome to the site. You are in the right place for everything about our favorite truck!! :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Welcome!

Post by N1VSM »

Glad you found this forum. It always amazes me how much wisdom, experience and how many opinions you'll find here. Feel free to ask questions - chance's are there's someone here who has fought the same battles that you will be.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
Teoma
PVT
PVT

Post by Teoma »

thanks for the welcome :D
I'm no stranger to wrenching on vehicles but this will be my first M series truck. I've always liked the look of them but never had the chance to actually tear into one untill now. Most of you would probably consider my truck a parts truck but I'm just looking at it as more of a challenge :twisted:
I took the road less travelled...now where the hell am I???
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

Where are you from Pemberton ? ? That is kind of the middle of nowhere !
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Re: waves at the crowd

Post by Nickathome »

Teoma wrote:Just wanted to drop ya'll a line here from the great white north west. I'm the proud new owner of a much abused 1954 m37. Well actually it started life as a m43 but somewhere along the line the M37 cab and a flat deck found it's way onto the frame.
My intention is to restore it back to original military trim ie m37. No doubt it's going to be a long process and I'll be leaning on you lot for some technical as well as sourcing info
How do you plan to accomodate the longer wheelbase? The M37 is shorter than an M43......Just curious....
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Welcome aboard-feel free to post any question, any time!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Teoma
PVT
PVT

Post by Teoma »

Tom @ Snake River wrote:Where are you from Pemberton ? ? That is kind of the middle of nowhere !
LOL no...the west kootenays
Nickathome wrote:How do you plan to accomodate the longer wheelbase? The M37 is shorter than an M43......Just curious....
well I am a blacksmith so my initial plan is to build my own box and just stretch the dimensions a bit

[quote="Cal_Gary]Welcome aboard-feel free to post any question, any time!
Gary[/quote]

thanks...no doubt I will be asking many :D
I took the road less travelled...now where the hell am I???