Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

robi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fire in Canyon Country

Post by robi »

Hey Guys,

For those that don't know, I live in Canyon Country, CA. the 10,000 acre fire has surrounded my house on three sides. It has come as close as 800 yards. I sent the wife and daughter to a friends house.

My stepson and I have stayed to keep the landscaping wet. The fire dept and forest service has done an exceptional job. They kept those choppers and PBY's flying until after dark. At one point a SuperScooper went right over us dropping water on us as it hit the front 800 yards away!

I could use some good thoughts. Right now things have quited down, but they expect the winds to kick up again in the morning. It has gusted up to 78mph in the pass. wish me luck.
Robi
Pax per pugnae
Site owner/ Admin
1953 M37, 1941 WC13, 1960? M274
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Hang in there, Robi! Don't take any unnecessary chances, though. Know when to get the heck out of Dodge, and then DO IT!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

You'll be fine so long as the house and property is prepped, the wet ammo is at hand and you know your plan of attack and escape, good luck and best wishes from all of us here.........

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
pfrederi
CPL
CPL

Post by pfrederi »

Good luck !!!
Paul f
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

I saw that the fire was near to you on this mornings TV news but I didn't think it was almost on top of you, Man, stay safe Robi and good luck.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Brigand
SGT
SGT

Re: Fire in Canyon Country

Post by Brigand »

Robi wrote:Hey Guys,

For those that don't know, I live in Canyon Country, CA. the 10,000 acre fire has surrounded my house on three sides.
Robi, I was worrying about you last night because I recognized the area.
We're all thinking good thoughts for you. Sean should be a pretty good sized fellow by now and a great helper. I hope you guys weather this firestorm well. Like MM said, leave yourself an out.

Bob
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: Fire in Canyon Country

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Robi wrote:Hey Guys,

For those that don't know, I live in Canyon Country, CA. the 10,000 acre fire has surrounded my house on three sides. It has come as close as 800 yards. I sent the wife and daughter to a friends house.

My stepson and I have stayed to keep the landscaping wet. The fire dept and forest service has done an exceptional job. They kept those choppers and PBY's flying until after dark. At one point a SuperScooper went right over us dropping water on us as it hit the front 800 yards away!

I could use some good thoughts. Right now things have quited down, but they expect the winds to kick up again in the morning. It has gusted up to 78mph in the pass. wish me luck.
You need more than luck Robi, you need God's hand on you & yours. I can pray & will get that underway immediately. Keep us posted as you can.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

What MM Said

Post by m-37Bruce »

Robi, Please don't take any chances, be prepared for anything!! We are all prayin' for you & yours.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
nivek
CPL
CPL

Stay safe, keep an excape route ready

Post by nivek »

Robi!

Keep safe amigo. Things can be replaced, even if eventually. Please stay safe as you folks can in that complex blaze.

I've fought too many fires, this kind, wildland/mankind mix is a gold plated bitch trying to save lives and still preserve property.

Be safe, PLEASE keep the Board posted on whats up.

Best of Fortune to you and yours!!!!!!

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
robi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by robi »

Ok, it looks like things have quieted down for us. The fire has moved past us and is headed towards Copperhill. I hope they stay safe over there. The firefighters are doing an incredible job!

Late last night the fire came down a hill east of us and was stopped about 1200 feet away. About 3am the fire came up a ravine to the south and got within 1000 feet. The strike teams kept it at bay until the superscoopers hit it at daybreak. Unfortunately I heard several houses about 8 blocks away burned down. Send them good thoughts.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I know it helped.
Robi
Pax per pugnae
Site owner/ Admin
1953 M37, 1941 WC13, 1960? M274
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Good news, hope the winds don't push it back your way.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Update?

Post by m-37Bruce »

Robi wrote:Ok, it looks like things have quieted down for us. The fire has moved past us and is headed towards Copperhill. I hope they stay safe over there. The firefighters are doing an incredible job!

Late last night the fire came down a hill east of us and was stopped about 1200 feet away. About 3am the fire came up a ravine to the south and got within 1000 feet. The strike teams kept it at bay until the superscoopers hit it at daybreak. Unfortunately I heard several houses about 8 blocks away burned down. Send them good thoughts.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. I know it helped.
Hello Robi,
I was wondering how its going, anybody heard from Kurt Hirte yet?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I too am wondering about Kurt. He's in Costa Mesa, and our other buddy Bob Thompson (Brigand) is down in Reseda. I'll send Kurt an email right now-hope all are ok-that goes for everyone in the SoCal area. It's been warm up here in Monterey too, but no fire problems....
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I just spotted Bob's post-glad you're ok Bob!
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
Cal_Gary

Kurt is ok, but needs Robi or MM's help....

Post by Cal_Gary »

I just got an email from Kurt-all is ok but he's having problems getting set up on the new forum. I gave him your email address, Robi, hope that's ok.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W