New toy, my Fathers Day gift to me.

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Glad the grommet install went OK, call it my Fathers Day gift to you Nick :D also, thanks for the Boeing Aircraft hat, my son Jamie was impressed that I actually have friends that will give such neat things :shock:

And I forgot to say, I used 3/8" lag bolts and shields in the holes I drilled in the conc. floor and a couple of large flat washers as leveling shims when mounting the compressor. plumbed it up, added the vibration isolator rubber mounts and screwed it down tight. No vibration when starting, running or shutting down. It works just like someone who knew what he was doing did the work and not me :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
oldstuff
PVT
PVT

Post by oldstuff »

Carter
I know what you mean about sandblasting. I use a 4 hp and 5hp, at the same time, both single stage.
You should do what I did. I took about nine feet of copper 1/2" tubeing to go from the compressor to the tank. Just use a 5 or 6" can as a form to make a coil of the tube. After a short time of blasting, the tubeing will get so hot it could give you a severe burn.
Ray
M37 Body onto 90 Dodge 4x4 3/4 ton w/Cummins, in progress.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

I have used a coil like that as a condencer in the line from the tank's air outlet to the blaster or paint gun. I placed it in a bucket of water with a moisture separator at it's downstream end and being water cooled the moisture was condenced then removed from the line giving completely dry air. I can't put one in the compressor to tank line however as that would void the warranty of the unit.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.