Best source for a canvas cab top???

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Jeff in north Texas
PVT
PVT

Best source for a canvas cab top???

Post by Jeff in north Texas »

What is the best place to buy a new canvas cab top for my M37?
Also, are there different colors of tops available? I assume olive drab is a common color, but, are there other colors available? I really would like a tan color if such a thing exists.
Thanks,
Jeff
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

The best source hands down is Beachwood Canvas Works, the most choices & top quality workmanship. They can also do it in vinyl which is used in place of canvas in many military applications these days, it's much longer lasting & durable than any canvas material & is available in desert tan. I'm not sure if others offer the vinyl or not. They are an actual government contractor & supplier, so as you may expect their prices will be a little higher than some other sources. We have used some of the others with good results; we have also been disappointed in a few cases. Like with any other purchase, doing your homework before you order is smart, we have had at least 1 case where a lower quality material was used & it all boiled down to they thought we wouldn't know better. We recommend to our customers what we feel is the best product for the $$ you spend over the long haul. You asked for the best source for a cab top, this is why I've shared this information in response.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Jeff in north Texas
PVT
PVT

Post by Jeff in north Texas »

Thanks Charles. I guess I will have to call them, as they do not show anything available for the M37's on their website.
I will call them tomorrow.
Jeff
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I got a nice top from Fred Potter at Adirondack Dodge.
Gary

Cal_Gary
1954 M37
MVPA #28500
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

New Life Canvas made me a custom top out of black cordura. All of the suppliers do a good job and are priced about the same. Tom
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Canvas....

Post by Nickathome »

I have bought all my canvas from WeeBee Webbing and have been more than pleased. Their quality is excellent and their service was above par.
john boy

Canvas

Post by john boy »

I'll agree with Mr. Talbert. There maybe some out there as good as Beachwood, but none better.
jb