ebay, did I miss something?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

topellis
CPL
CPL

ebay, did I miss something?

Post by topellis »

I haven't been on ebay in a while and went to look see what was being offered in the M37 market....and from what I see....it appears that if you don't have a paypal account... you can't buy or sell on ebay... is that correct??
Sorta seemed messed up if that is true...

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Usual Suspects

Post by m-37Bruce »

I think you hit the nail on the Top, no paypal, no dice. Truthfully, it suits me fine, I never like paypal anyway.
Guys like AB & George Manieri will sell to you all day, give 'em a call if your looking for something in particular? Desert Deuce works the same way. What are you needing, maybe we can hep you? :roll:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
chicklin
PFC
PFC

Re: ebay, did I miss something?

Post by chicklin »

topellis wrote:I haven't been on ebay in a while and went to look see what was being offered in the M37 market....and from what I see....it appears that if you don't have a paypal account... you can't buy or sell on ebay... is that correct??
Sorta seemed messed up if that is true...

Thanks,
Mark
Unless something changed very recently, I don't believe this is true. It's up to the seller's discretion what payment options are offered. Most people offer PayPal, but you still have the option to accept cash, money orders, etc.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I'm an E-Bay regular for M37 stuff, and here's the scoop: E-Bay has locked down and only accepts PayPal for almost everything; however there are some exceptions-one being that E-Bay Motors' items can be purchased with other payment methods, but the seller can't offer those payment options on the item.

I ALWAYS send the seller an email first to see if they accept money orders (my preferred method of payment) BEFORE I place a bid. Those who say "no" are bypassed-I don't bid on such items.

Here's the policy-I had to send it to a seller once to confirm Motors' items were still ok.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/acc ... olicy.html

Thanks,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
topellis
CPL
CPL

Post by topellis »

Gary, Thanks for the info that is pretty much what I thought... don't the same folks that own ebay own PayPal? Seems like someone told me ebay and paypal were linked once. I hate when they try to make it their way or the hiway. Is there any other auction type web site for MV parts? Bruce, just looking around and noticed it... I am hunting for some of the 24v led tail light bulbs if anyone knows who has them reasonable. I have heard that I can use them in my M-101 trailer and they will work on 24v or 12v which would be convienient when using it behind my Excursion and not have to worry about swapping bulbs back and forth. Seemed like a good time to put them in the tail lights on the truck too since I am putting the USMC shackels and going back to the smaller tail light housing with Gamma Goat full red lenses.

Thanks for any info.

Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Voltage ?'s

Post by m-37Bruce »

I too am interested in the LED units, I wonder if Desert Deuce or Saturn Surplus will have them.
I didn't know they were able to work on either 12/24 volts :?:
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Sorry Guys, I know of no source; Mark, yep, I understand E-Bay and PayPal are somehow affiliated-I understand the need for secured transactions, but to tell a seller what types of payment they can accept goes too far-if I coughed up a gold nugget as payment would they say no?
Probably....

Must be lots of forum folks working on their rigs-the posts seem to be drying up--or is it just my perception?
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
gwalker
CPL
CPL

Post by gwalker »

I think the LED lights are only avial as the larger type composite lights. However these are now avial through the usuall lighting suppliers like grote, signal stat, trucklite. Ask to see their catalog at your local parts store. I found them in the catalog at a napa store.
68 M-715 MVPA# 2710
monkeymissile
SSGT
SSGT

Post by monkeymissile »

ebay purchased PayPal several years ago. I've had a PayPal account for at least 5 years now and never had a problem. I believe it's still up to the seller to determine what types of payment are accepted for each auction. I recently heard that ebay is moving away from auctions and towards just straight "buy it now" sales; kind of annoying actually. Personally I prefer CraigsList.......
1953 Dodge M43

Fail often to succeed sooner