Parts needed for a XM152

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
russcal
PFC
PFC

Parts needed for a XM152

Post by russcal »

Hello, y'all!

Here are some of the parts / componants I'll need for my XM152 panel truck resto... I know some of these are "worth their weight in gold" but figure that's not a big problem as this is a long term project!

1. Door mounted spare tire rack. I know these are super popular, I've read that they are a pain in the a$$ to use, but it was on my rig originally so needs to go back. I have the reinforcing bracket on the drivers door "A" pillar, also the latch behind the door. So I only really need the swinging arm part. This is towards the bottom of the priority list.

2. M43 rear step. My truck had one, broken ends of brackets are still there!

3. Bench seats for back. Only other XM152 I've seen (pictures), has M37 type troop seats in back. From the bolt holes / marks in mine, I'm fairly sure this is what my truck had originally. Seat portion looks like M37, but upright brackets are different.

4. Swing arms for rear doors. I've seen in pictures of M43's what looks like an arm and track at the top of the rear doors to keep them from over opening.

I've gotten several other rare type parts already, such as the sliding door between the cab and box, courtesy of our very own member, XM708. Thanx Ed!

Thanx for looking, and even better if you can help or aim me in the right direction.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes
Russ
JD

XM152

Post by JD »

Russ,

There's an XM152 on epay. Quite a wreck but it has parts you want. Item number 200308756682

Here's a link to my M152 Cdn pages. The pics for the XM152 from epay are there too.

http://www.signaltelecom.ca/M152%20I.html

Would love to see pics of your restoration. If you want them on my M152 pages that would be great.

Was corresponding to a vendor north of the 49th who indicated they had some stock of the chairs as seen on the Rrrrrruffffff XM152 for sale. Not sure what the Canadian application might have been but if you strike out perhaps there might be others.

Also Midwest Millitary was advertising a whole wac of door mounted tire carriers for sale.

JD
JD

Swing Arms

Post by JD »

Russ,

Also spotted some swing arms for an M43 on Ebay, but couldn't find them again to give you the number. They should work for your truck too.

JD
poor rich
CPL
CPL

Post by poor rich »

I have a the door tire mount, it came with my truck but no... mounts. looks like a match. for a fair price and shipping its yours.
Rich
My wife loves to cook, bakes fresh cookies for my lunch every week, and now she wants a 15" Mortar.... life is good!
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Heya, y'all!

Thanx for the link, JD! If that M152 shown on the link is actually an US vehicle, it's one of the first five M152's built. Only 3 or 4 of the pilot vehicles had the side windows in the box; the other 150 built had the double doors in back and no side windows.

Thanx also for the heads-up 'bout evilBay. Figures that once I give it up there are listings for stuff I'm after!

Thanx, Poor Rich! Expect a PM!

Thanx again for the help guys!

Russ
Unhappy Taxpayer
Russ
JD

XM152

Post by JD »

Russ,

I'm sure that is a U.S. truck. See these M152 pages to compare... the XM152 is there too.

http://www.signaltelecom.ca/M152%20I.html

The total give-aways are the double back doors, and the interior fitments. Left hand side of the hood is a good indicator too.

What manuals are you working from? Are you far enough along to post pics?

JD
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Hiya, JD!

Thanx for the link... great site! That XM152 is a rare critter, its one of 3 of the initial 5 pilot vehicles, IF, if the side windows are original (to the vehicle). 3 of the pilot trucks had side windows, the other 2 didn't. The 5 pilot trucks were delivered in 4 different configurations: with side windows, without, with double rear doors, with single rear door (like the later CDN trucks), and with "sliding doors on the sides". I've only seen 2 diiferent pictures of the pilot trucks, both of, I believe, the same truck. The pic on the link you provided is one of the two shots.

The 150 regular production trucks were equipped with double rear doors, no windows in the sides, and who knows what in back. I've read of them being outfitted with "racks", of what type I don't know. The only other XM152 I've seen (pics only) had a bench seat (like the M37 troop seats) on the passenger side and was marked as an Air Police paddy wagon. My truck looked like it had benches on both sides. One other way that they differed from the M43 ambulance is that the XM152's had trailer hitches, the ambulances didn't.

I'd like to find serial numbers from some US 152's to determine where abouts my truck is in the production run. I am fairly certain my truck was in California it's whole life.

Check out the M37 Registry for my XM152, there is a pic I took of it. Only change since then was some sanding on the drivers door (to uncover markings). I've not really done anything cosmetic yet, got some various parts fot it. I've got the time now (unemployed), but lack the money and kinda low on motivation.

Russ
Russ
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Hello again!

Update... I've got all the major parts EXCEPT the rear step, like on a M43, and seats for the rear. The rear benches look like M37 pieces except for the upright bracket.

I'm in a dilemma right now... the electrical has been seriously screwed up by various "modifications". I'll probably return it to 24volt for parts availability, but that hinges on a "cash" infusion.

Russ
Russ
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Hiya, y'all!

Still looking for the rear step, also looking for the swing arms and tracks that keep the rear doors from "over opening".

Please help me, Obi Wan... you're my only hope!

Russ
Russ
m15256
CPL
CPL

Post by m15256 »

For years SAM WINER had a Canadian M152 on the lot that never sold. Maybe you could get at least half a set if it's still there. I can measure the length of the one on my 152 if that would help.
RICK
M 152 CDN
M 56 (V41)
russcal
PFC
PFC

Post by russcal »

Heya, Rick!

All the pictures I've seen of the CDN M152 show the same basic layout: shelving along drivers side of box, with a table top along front and around passenger side with commo gear on it, and chair in middle. They appear to have the same sort of locker / storage compartments that M43's have under the bench seats. See: http://www.signaltelecom.ca/M152%20I.html

My rig has the bare wheel wells, and nothing else. Here is the one other XM152 I've seen the interior of:

My truck has the same wooden floor with steel rub strips. If you look at the pic and note the double bolts at the top of the seats rear upright, my trucks has those except on both sides. The truck in the photo only has the bench seat on the passengers side. Also, I don't know if my truck had the grates over the rear windows, but it does have a bolt hole in the each corner of the rear windows. I've not been able to find a decent shot of a M43 so I don't know if this is for a window coaming / surround or a grate.

P.S. Sorry the pic came out so small!

Russ
Russ