11.00R16 tires

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

mattveeder
CPL
CPL

11.00R16 tires

Post by mattveeder »

As a background a few years ago I put 11.00r16 tires on my m37. I got the tubes and flaps from international tire and tube in texas. I was impressed with the product and company. Recently I bought 4 more tires 11.00 r16. One for a spare two for my m101a1 trailer and one for its spare. So I called them up and ordered tubes and flaps. Cause my tire people cannot get them. So on saturday I take all of four of them to my tire guy, the same one who did the last ones. He broke down all four wheels and tires then he started to mount the new ones. He tells and showes me that I had the wrong flaps. So I said no problem and called the people in texas. They appoligised that they sent the wrong ones. But they dont have the right ones. He said that he can give me the right ones for an 15" wheel. My question is this what I want to do? If not what should I do? Thanks in advance.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Go to your local heavy truck tire dealer & obtain the correct 16" flaps. I have never ordered stuff like this long distance, I mean why when I can just run to town & pick them up.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

You would think that would work. But even the truck tire places here look at me like I am talking chineese. But I do now have a lead on another truck tire shop not to far away. So I will try tomorrow.
NCmountainman
PFC
PFC

Post by NCmountainman »

I keep hearing you guys refer to "flaps" for the tires/wheels. Can someone describe what a FLAP is and how it is used? Or better yet, a picture! I am kinda new to MV's and kinda dumb about some things. :(
Ed Bennett
MVPA #31853
1951 Dodge M37 G741
1983 Jeep CJ5
1942 Chev G506 (SOLD)
Nothing is Fool Proof to a suffeciently talented fool.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

NCmountainman wrote:I keep hearing you guys refer to "flaps" for the tires/wheels. Can someone describe what a FLAP is and how it is used? Or better yet, a picture! I am kinda new to MV's and kinda dumb about some things. :(
The flap goes between the tube & the rim to prevent tube chaffing & damage to the tube during installation, inflating, etc.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com