transfer case

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

transfer case

Post by mattveeder »

If anyone needs a transfer case one I am selling a spare one that I have $100. Trades and other offers are always ok by me.
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

will you ship?
May God grant me with the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot, The ability to shoot the things I can and a place to hide the bodies
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

I can ship. That is not a problem.
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

What’s the Wight?
May God grant me with the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot, The ability to shoot the things I can and a place to hide the bodies
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Darned heavy I can tell you that!
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

knattrass wrote:Darned heavy I can tell you that!
I Know that but I need an exact weight.
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

I should have time to weigh it tomorrow. I will also take a pic of it and try to post it for you. But it is not light I am going to guess 100+ pounds. I also have spare front and intermediate drive shafts plus the shifters that I can throw in for an extra $50 if you need them.
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

mattveeder wrote:I should have time to weigh it tomorrow. I will also take a pic of it and try to post it for you. But it is not light I am going to guess 100+ pounds. I also have spare front and intermediate drive shafts plus the shifters that I can throw in for an extra $50 if you need them.
I am interested some pix will be great.
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

I took pictures today if you give me your email I can send them to you.
bubba_got_you
SGT
SGT

Post by bubba_got_you »

steved
CPL
CPL

Post by steved »

mattveeder wrote:I should have time to weigh it tomorrow. I will also take a pic of it and try to post it for you. But it is not light I am going to guess 100+ pounds. I also have spare front and intermediate drive shafts plus the shifters that I can throw in for an extra $50 if you need them.

I shipped a divorced NP205 a while back...used a piece of board in the bottom of a heavy cardboard box, plenty of hard Styrofoam for support, and strapping tape to hold it together...weighed 137#s and went from PA to FL via FedEx ground for just shy of $80.

FedEx will ship up to 150#s via ground...saves on freight. My price for shipping was from around 3 years ago, so I'm sure its changed!
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

NEVER ship heavy items like this in cardboard box, it's a cinch to get damaged or completely destroyed. If you got by once, you are a lucky sole. A good wooden crate designed so the component can't move is the only way to do it. We had them destroyed or lost crated in heavy crates, by Fed-Ex.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
steved
CPL
CPL

Post by steved »

I have shipped lots of things, a lot more expensive than this, in this manor and never had a loss.

Just one man's thought...
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

steved wrote:I have shipped lots of things, a lot more expensive than this, in this manor and never had a loss.

Just one man's thought...
Keep on keeping on with the high risk practices, I'm sure your time will come.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

You are right. I have had the best luck "over engineering" when I ship something but it seems to pay off every time. This one will be no acception. The short time it takes to make a sturdy crate is always worth it. A buddy of mine sent a transmission to get rebuilt and the guy shipped it back to him in a cooler that was shrink wraped. In my mind that doesnt count either.