I found some Gamma Goats

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ffr1910
PVT
PVT

I found some Gamma Goats

Post by ffr1910 »

70 of them to be exact, what is left from over 150 of them. I was looking on surplus property and they had some junk 3/4 ton trucks and i see the goats in the background. I call the guy in charge and say i see two or three in the back ground and he said no it is about 70. I asked him when they would be up for sale and he said never. They will go to the crusher ala Uncle Sam. Deemed too dangerous for the public. You can see some of them in the background.Oh well, some much for my next project.

Bill

m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Go Back

Post by m-37Bruce »

Just the wheels, that is all we want/need!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

You could try telling him that you just need the front half to repair/replace a bad one that you're trying to restore. If it works, you fix it up really nice and then go back and tell him that the back half was worse than you thought and see if he'll sell you a back section. Just wait a few months before you try for the other half. Who knows? It might just work. ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
greencom
SGT
SGT

Post by greencom »

I love it. The government says that the goats are too dangerous for the public but it's ok to manufacture 150 mph crotch rockets. Yeah, they're really safe.
Greencom
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Just another clear cut case of how lawyers have reduced our freedom of choice!! Fear of lawsuits!!
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

OH! THEY ARE DANGEROUS FOR THE PUBLIC. HOW ABOUT THE TROOPS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO CARRY? WEREN'T DANGEROUS BACK THEN? MAKES ME WONDER HOW STUPID LEGISLATION CAN BE......
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
tmbrwolf
PFC
PFC

Post by tmbrwolf »

Unfortunately when thay got those they had to sign a statement that when they were through with them they had to be returned to the DRMO for disposal, same with the HMMWV's, M151's. Those have piled up there because either, they haven't wanted to turn them in, the DRMO can't or won't take them as of yet, or somebody there doesn't know the proper procedure to get them turned in, The DRMO has to take them, they have no choice, it will be interesting to see what happens when or if they get turned in, it should be Tinker's DRMO I suspect they will go to the scrapper. SOTVEN I hear ya! I had one of those as my first assigned truck in the army back in .... well anyway the only odd thing you had to get used to was the way it steered, I never thought they were all that dangerous, I did have a lot of fun driving them, and they could do some awesome jobs with the right driver!
Ken
SFC USA (ret)
51 M37
52 M38