New Member in Ct

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tuko
SSGT
SSGT

Re: New Member in Ct

Post by Tuko »

if you email me a pic i can post it for ya or photobucket.com is what i host all my pics on its free and very easy to use
51 Dodge M37 W/W 4BT/NV4500

My G741 Registry Entry
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Some good advice; don't waste $$ on master cylinder and wheel cylinder rebuild kits as there is a 99.9% probability that the rebuild will not be a great success. Even current production kit parts are just as likely to fail. The reason is simply because wear and rust pitting will be present in the bore of the old casting. If you do not hone the bore back to perfectly round and completely clean it up of all pitting; new rubber parts are absolutely no good. In almost 100% of cases, the size of the bore will be too large to accept the kit components after you have honed sufficiently to clean it up. It will not function well, and it will not last. Sleeving is really not a good option either when the cost of that service is compared to the reasonable cost of new parts. With new master and wheel cylinders being available at a very reasonable cost; it's the only way to fly, and they will last for many years if you will use a premium quality fluid and keep it clean.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
mecoz54

Post by mecoz54 »

MSeriesRebuild wrote:Some good advice; don't waste $$ on master cylinder and wheel cylinder rebuild kits as there is a 99.9% probability that the rebuild will not be a great success. Even current production kit parts are just as likely to fail. The reason is simply because wear and rust pitting will be present in the bore of the old casting. If you do not hone the bore back to perfectly round and completely clean it up of all pitting; new rubber parts are absolutely no good. In almost 100% of cases, the size of the bore will be too large to accept the kit components after you have honed sufficiently to clean it up. It will not function well, and it will not last. Sleeving is really not a good option either when the cost of that service is compared to the reasonable cost of new parts. With new master and wheel cylinders being available at a very reasonable cost; it's the only way to fly, and they will last for many years if you will use a premium quality fluid and keep it clean.

Excellent advice, it's the route I will be going when ordering parts this week.