Traveling at high speed

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HOODWINCK
PVT
PVT

Re: Traveling at high speed

Post by HOODWINCK »

If your traveling that fast you will need to be attached to a petrol station or a very large gas tank with the fuel consumption being around 11 mpg....

Or did you also fit the Dilithiam cryistals already.
M37B1
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

NO I think he installed the Shaw- Fujikawa Slipspace Drive which is found on all USNC space cruisers WOW . well ok that's in HALO anyway :lol:
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I just thought of something else. Knowing what M37 brakes are like, what would the stopping distance be from light speed to a full stop? How long would it take? ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Paddyofurniture
SGT
SGT

Post by Paddyofurniture »

Much longer than the M37 breaks would last!

In order to stop you would have to drop out of light speed, shift in to out of your mind speed, and next shift to what the heck is going on speed. Next engage the forward thrusters in reverse and slow down to the point the front end has only a slight red glow. At this point the M37 should safely roll to a stop in about 1,000,000 miles.

Paddy
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

Lifer wrote:I just thought of something else. Knowing what M37 brakes are like, what would the stopping distance be from light speed to a full stop? How long would it take? ;)

Depends if you are in high/low or 2/4 wheel drive.................................... you could use the engine and transmission to help you brake
and this would only take 990,000 miles to stop the truck.

:D
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

M37UK wrote:
Lifer wrote:I just thought of something else. Knowing what M37 brakes are like, what would the stopping distance be from light speed to a full stop? How long would it take? ;)

Depends if you are in high/low or 2/4 wheel drive.................................... you could use the engine and transmission to help you brake
and this would only take 990,000 miles to stop the truck.

:D
Depends on the trucks orientation in space, and the direction of travel. If pointed at a downward trajectory, it may never stop... :cry:

The real question is if the trucks mass increases as it approaches light speed, when will it generate enough gravity to pull in something to drive on? :mrgreen:
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Paddyofurniture
SGT
SGT

I think the real issue is heat.

If you where to attempt to speed up a M37 to light speed the heat would be unbearable.

You would end up with a pile of melted steel, a little glass, and one very burn old green wienie at the wheel.

Paddy
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Heating would seem to be a logical issue. However, since the ambient temperature of the travel region approaches absolute zero, the heat generated would be welcome and there would be no need to install the personnel heater kit.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Paddyofurniture
SGT
SGT

You are correct on the ambient temperature.

I will have to ask NASA for the use of one of there suits.

Is there military truck only parking on the space station? We could stop by before heading to the Moon Base Motor Pool.

Paddy
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

NASA must have a left over heat shield from the Apollo days or how about some tiles from the now ended shuttle program?? :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Paddyofurniture
SGT
SGT

Do they come on OD or do you have to get them painted?

Paddy
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Paint won't hold up. You have to use a ceramic glaze. Fortunately, it is available in several shades of OD, brown, black, and tan in both matte and gloss finishes, thus allowing you to enjoy whatever "correct" color scheme you wish to use. ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Paddyofurniture
SGT
SGT

It would be better to have the ceramic glaze in a bright red so everyone know to keep out of the way as the M37 brakes are not great at 60 mph let alone at light speed.

Maybe all M37 can go at light speed and I an misunderstanding my M37. When we shift into low is that "Light speed" under a government cover up?

Paddy
hbb
SSGT
SSGT

Post by hbb »

I am not too worried about over heating due to the new four row radiators that are being used by some guys.
My concern is those darn space fire fly's making a mess on the windshield and not being able to see! You might need better wipers .
hb
The wiseman who listens to his students stays a wise MAN!
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

hb wrote:I am not too worried about over heating due to the new four row radiators that are being used by some guys.
My concern is those darn space fire fly's making a mess on the windshield and not being able to see! You might need better wipers .
hb
Within the vacume of space, I would imagine that the wiper system would operate at its best ever...! :D
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152