New MV books for sale

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
DDoyle
PVT
PVT

New MV books for sale

Post by DDoyle »

FREE shipping in USA with payment via PayPal to ddoyle9570@aol.com!!!!!

I am offering a selection of the various MV books I have authored, or coauthored, for sale to G741 members. All books are new. Prices listed below include delivery in the USA when order is paid by PayPal to ddoyle9570@aol.com. Will be happy to autograph if you like, just let me know. If you don't have an account with PayPal - contact me for other arrangements.

Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles
By David Doyle, 32.99 regular, G741 member price $25.00

504 Pages, 1000 or so photos. Illustrates and describes most military vehicles fielded by US forces from WWII through Desert Storm. Includes photos of most variations of the M35, M37, M715, M54, M809 series trucks, as well as trailers, Jeeps, motorcycles, and tanks.

Standard Catalog of German Military Vehicles
By David Doyle, 29.99 regular, G741 member price $25.00

512 Pages, Shows virtually all armored fighting vehicles used by Germany during WWII, as well as numerous softskin vehicles. Includes history and specifications of each vehicle type. 1000 or so photos.

US Military Vehicles Field Guide
By David Doyle

A 408-page pocket-sized book with 200 color photos of US military vehicles from WWII to present day. Includes brief histories and specifications.

List price 12.99, G741 member price, $10.00 including delivery in the US with payment via PayPal to ddoyle9570@aol.com. If you want your copy autographed, just let me know.

High Speed Tractor
By David Doyle and Pat Stansell

112 pages, list price 19.95 – Steel Soldiers and G503 price $10.00

This book details the US Army’s high speed artillery tractors used during WWII and after through M8A1 that was produced in 1955.

The book covers the M2 7-ton tractor used primarily by the Army Air Force, the M4 18-ton HST, M5 13-ton HST, M6 38-ton HST and the M8A1 HST.

Allied-Axis is a quarterly photo-journal of WWII. It is noted for its large, high-quality photos. List price on these is $15.95 – G741 members price is $10 each. Contents of the issues I have available are listed below.

Allied Axis #4 – contents as listed on PMMS

Schwere Panzerspähwagen 8-Rad Armored Cars:
21 pages of wartime photos. Covers variants Sd.Kfz.231 (8 pages), 232 (4 pages), 233 7.5cm (6 pages) and 263 (3 pages).
M32B1 Sherman Recovery Vehicle:
8 pages with some excellent close-up details as well as some wartime photos.
Sherman Armored Recovery Vehicle (ARV) Mk I:
6 pages for 7 photos giving good coverage of the vehicle from each angle showing the external storage to good effect.
Sherman Armored Recovery Vehicle (ARV) Mk II:
11 pages show off the MkII ARV with the large format photos showing many details.
M18 "Hellcat" Tank Destroyer:
25 pages again with 14 pages with a single photo on each of Hellcats in action, again great diorama potential, the final 11 pages are close-up detail shots of a preserved Hellcat with some turret interior shots as well.
Panzerselbstfahrlafette V "Sturer Emil":
11 pages of this unusual vehicle with some wartime photos as well as close-up shots of a museum Emil.
Panzerbefehlswagen IV:
This is the command version of the standard Panzer IV Ausf.J and has some great close-up shots of a museum vehicle.
7.5 cm Gebrigsjäger 36:
4 wartime photos of this gun give only a glimpse of some details.

Allied Axis #11 – contents as listed on PMMS

15cm Schwere Panzerhaubitze auf Geschützwagen III/IV (sf) "Hummel": (Pages 2 to 15)
This sections features entirely wartime action photos of the Hummel included a couple of the interior with the crew in-action.
Allied Crawler Tractors: (Pages 16 to 42)
This large section has entirely wartime shots of the various vehicles but they are all semi-close-up to show some excellent details as well as diorama possibilities. The vehicles covered include the International Harvester TD-18 and TD-19 and the Caterpiller D7 in various configurations with the unarmoured and armoured versions shown and the Caterpiller D8. The majority of the photos are of the D7 with the un-armoured and armoured versions shown from all angles.
Kradschützen and Kradmelder at the front: (Pages 43 to 56)
The German Motorcycle Kradschützentruppe consisted of various Kradschützen (squads) with sidecar motorcycle combinations and single motorcycles. The images here are all wartime action shots and feature the typical BMW R11, R12, R75 and Zündapp motorcycles but the photos are more notable for the details of the crews and equipment carried on the motorcycles. The photos are entirely from the European/Russian campaigns.
Wartime Sherman Variants: (Pages 57 to 73)
M32 Recovery Vehicle (pages 57 to 62). Photos are all wartime action shots that provide some good details of the vehicle in use.
Sherman DD (pages 63 to 69). Has images of the DD in-action so you don't see much else apart from the screens, some raised and some lowered.
Sherman M4 Dozer Tank (pages 70 to 73). Some interesting shots of the Dozer tank in action.
Cargo Carrier "Weasel" M28, M29, M29C: (Pages 74 to 96)
Features entirely wartime photos of the Weasels but the photos are all good semi-close-up to show some good details included a few with interior (driver's position) details.

Allied Axis #12 – contents as listed on PMMS

Sturmtiger in detail: (Pages 2 to 20)
A detailed coverage of the Sturmörserwagen 606/4 mit 38cm Raketenwerfer "Sturmtiger" with photos of captured vehicles in situ and in museum collections. There are also some photos showing the loading of a shell from the ground to the inside of the vehicle using the built in crane as well as many interior and exterior close-up shots to give an excellent coverage of the Sturmtiger.

GMC Dump Truck: (Pages 21 to 36)
This section has mostly in-action shots of the CCKW Dump truck in use during and after WWII. The photos are all semi-close up and show the vehicles to good effect as well as some nice shots of various power shovels of the time with some good diorama possibilities. There is also two pages with close-up detail shots of the Heil Hoist and chassis detail.

M3 Scout Car: (Pages 37 to 50)
A good general coverage of the White Scout car with all the photos being semi-close up of vehicles on training exercises including some interior views.

M10-M36 Tank Destroyers: (Pages 51 to 84)
This section again has entirely semi-close up action shots of the M10 and M36 in NW Europe during WWII. The photos show to good effect not only the vehicle details but the storage of equipment.

Krupp Boxer light truck: (Pages 75 to 96)
This final section again has all in-action shots of the Boxer showing the general arrangement of storage and fittings. The Kfz.69 and Kfz.70 are mostly featured.

Allied-Axis #17

Aufklarungs Panzer 38
US M6 Weapon Carrier
M24 Chaffe Light Tank
U.S. Airborne CCKW
German experimental self-propelled guns
M7 Howitzer Motor Carriage

Allied-Axis #18

Pz.Kpfw. II (Flamm) Ausf. A/B
Pz.Kpfw. B2 (F) Pz.Kpfw. III (F1)
StuG I (Flamm)
Flammpanzer 38
German 8-wheel armored cars - part 2 (Sd.Kfz. 231, 232, 233, 263) Kradschutzen - part 2 (BMW, NSU, DKW and Zundapp)
M12 155 Gun Motor Carriage.

Thanks for looking, and if you have any questions feel free to email me at ddoyle9570@aol.com, or PM me.

Thanks!
David Doyle
Longhunter7
PFC
PFC

Great Books!

Post by Longhunter7 »

I just picked up the Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles, 2nd Edition, autographed by David Doyle.

I highly recommend this book! If you don't have it, you need it!
Longhunter7

Northern Illinois

63' Dodge M37-B1

Molon Lave

NRA Certified Weaponologist
DDoyle
PVT
PVT

Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles

Post by DDoyle »

I am glad you are enjoying your books! I certainly appreciate your order.!

Sincerely,
David Doyle
CGarbee
SGT
SGT

Post by CGarbee »

I've got three of David's books, and love them all... The field guide is a wonderful tool to have in the glovebox for when you spot something hiding in a backyard while tooling around on a weekend ride, and the standard catalog of German vehicles is a great companion when watching war movies :)

This post reminds me that I need to get a second copy of the Standard Catalog of US Vehicles since my copy has been looked at soo much.... I want a clean copy for the living room shelf.

I keep sending the folks who publish David's books notes telling them how much I like the current offerings in hopes that they will sign him up for a follow up version when these go out of stock... :)

Put them on your Veterans' Day wish lists...
'53 USMC M37 w/Cummins 4BT
'64 XM708,
'51 M38
'73 M817, '71 XM813, '70 M816, '84 M931
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell
http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com
http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com
Longhunter7
PFC
PFC

3rd Edition?

Post by Longhunter7 »

I am hoping that there will be a 3rd edition of the Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles.

If the publisher sees fit to go with the 3rd edition, it will make a great two volume set! 8)
Longhunter7

Northern Illinois

63' Dodge M37-B1

Molon Lave

NRA Certified Weaponologist
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Books

Post by rixm37 »

I just ordered the standard guide and the field guide. Can't wait to get them. :lol:
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'day David.........

Post by Monkey Man »

I have your Catalog of US Vehicles (2nd Edition) and it is a great refrence book with all the relavent information about every vehicle I am interested in (well, except maybe the Scammel but the US didn't build that now did they :-) ), mine has a blemish on page 67 (right in the G741 section Ironically) but saying that is it indeed the MOST useful book I have ever owned and I would highly recommend it to anyone that has a love of MV's.
David - is it ok by you if we use exerpts from your book in our local Defence Transport Heritage Tasmania newsletter - it's a HUUUUUUGE circulation of about 25 copies so I don't think we'll steal your thunder somehow and I'll even place an ad for your books in there if you like (E-mail me your details that you would like to see in our print)
Thanks and Take care

Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

If you are going to be in Alabama tommorrow, would the pricing be in effect at the swap meet? :)
DDoyle
PVT
PVT

Books and things

Post by DDoyle »

MM - glad you are enjoying the book, excerpts are no problem (with credit - the publisher is picky that way). PM me, we'll overcome the defect problem.

Refit, yes, the pricing will be the same in Tannehill. I should be there Friday shortly after noon until ??? Friday evening.

Thanks,
David
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

PM Sent :-)

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

David I got my books and they are great. Packed with great pictures and information. Better than I imagined. Thanks for signing them
Rick :)
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
DDoyle
PVT
PVT

books - out of print

Post by DDoyle »

Rick,
I am glad the books arrived OK - and even happier that you are enjoying them. I was recently informed that the publisher had only 40 copies left, and I have about a case left.

It doesn't look like there will be a 3rd edition in the near future - so glad you got them when you did.

Best wishes,
David Doyle