Pics from Georgia, Russian side. GRAPHIC WARNING!

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

nivek
CPL
CPL

Pics from Georgia, Russian side. GRAPHIC WARNING!

Post by nivek »

http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551

War isn't pretty, neither are some of these shots of "trigger time" in Georgia.

G R A P H I C W A R N I N G!!!

If you don't like blood 'n guts do NOT click this URL.

kL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Very impressive! Disturbing to some folks, perhaps, but impressive nonetheless. To get the full impact, however, you really have to be there. The pics show a lot, but the noise and smells of combat are not there (thank goodness).

Incidentally, I could swear I saw a couple of M35s in the picture lineup! Our "gifts" to Georgia after the collapse of the USSR perhaps?
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
obxron
PVT
PVT

Post by obxron »

Pretty F#$%ng crazy! glad I live in America. Looks like those armies are being supplied by an international surplus store, at least three western powers are represented through uniforms and equipment. Was that a LAW rocket launcher? Didn't we stop using those back in the early 1980's?
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

any idea what causes the turrets to pop off the tanks like that? looks like the one popped off, went up through the roof of teh building, and fell through down to the bottom story. On a side note, the russians know how to build a handsom "deuce".
tmbrwolf
PFC
PFC

Post by tmbrwolf »

dueces and a 5 tonner expandable van, man that reactive armor on some of those tank's / APC's didn't help a bit, those "high kinetic energy" (sabot) rounds can really do some damage, reminds me of some of the pictures from 91 when our M1's popped the Iraqi T-72's, they showed the same kind of damage!
Ken
SFC USA (ret)
51 M37
52 M38
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

THE ALWAYS UGLY FACE OF WAR.....
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

obxron wrote:Pretty F#$%ng crazy! glad I live in America.
Don't delude yourself into thinking that the same thing can't happen here!

It is only through the service and sacrifices that our veterans have made and that our currently serving soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and "coasties" (be they regular, reserve or national guard) continue to make that have kept it from happening here to date.

The terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on "9/11" effectively demonstrated that it can happen and that there's essentially nothing we can do to stop it if the agressor is truly determined.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
obxron
PVT
PVT

Post by obxron »

Last time there was an invading army in my home state of Virginia was in 1865, hope that doesn't happen again.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

That woulda been them damn blue-coated Yankees, wouldn't it? Dang War of Northern Aggression!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"