Over 100000 views on my Webshots site.Thanks all!

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Over 100000 views on my Webshots site.Thanks all!

Post by Carter »

This morning my wife Sandy pointed out that my pix have received 100267 views on my various albums. That's a lot of people looking at my photo collecton . Thank you all who have taken the time to see the pictures I have taken and posted. I hope they have been of intrest or helped you in some way. Thank you. :D

Webshots link to my albums: http://community.webshots.com/user/scdavidson
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

You're always very helpful Carter.....
More is the pity you don't get a dollar for every webhit you receive to say Thanks for all the good tips and neat info, I'd certainly send you a few bucks for all the things you have helped me with :-)
Take Care

Best regards to you & the Crew - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Where Does

Post by m-37Bruce »

The line starts here........... :P
Last edited by m-37Bruce on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Nice pictures Carter. Where did you get the 24 volt solinoid? That makes a nice cut out setup.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Monkey Man wrote:You're always very helpful Carter.....
More is the pity you don't get a dollar for every webhit you receive to say Thanks for all the good tips and neat info, I'd certainly send you a few bucks for all the things you have helped me with :-)
Take Care

Best regards to you & the Crew - MM :-)
Thanks Tony, your a Prince of a fellow. Wish I had that kind of $$ but no cash required, I just like helping other M people. Esp. MM people :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Where Does

Post by Carter »

m-37Bruce wrote:The line starts here........... :P
Hey Buddy, I appreciate the comment, I just like having folks view my pix. I started out as high school year book student photographer. Then took about a million pix for the engineering company I worked for as part of my job as a bridge inspector and now it's all for fun since I'm retired, retarded? :oops: well, you know. Thanks Bruce!
Carter
Life Member:
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

rixm37 wrote:Nice pictures Carter. Where did you get the 24 volt solinoid? That makes a nice cut out setup.
Thanks,
Years ago, during summer break from college I had a job striping B-29 bombers of removable parts before the airframes were sent to the smelter and I snagged a couple of engine starter solinoids for what reason at the time I'm not sure, but ONLY 45 years later I found a use for one of them and still have 2 others to discover a use for. Maybe in another 45 I'll figure another use for them :D They do make a good ground kill set up for my trucks electrical system. It just seemed like a good idea at the time and that has worked out ok so far.
Carter
Life Member:
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

WOW great story. I spent the summer of 1970 stripping electical panels from B47's headed for the same fate as your B29's but I wasn't smart enough to grab a few soleniods.
Yours make a special addition to your truck. :D
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
nivek
CPL
CPL

Carter, its a pleasure....

Post by nivek »

.. to take time to view your shots.

I'm not a photographer, nor a brain surgeon, but I do play them on the InTARWeBb fairly well.. :)

Enjoy to see techniques used to better show the equipment and parts displayed. You do a fine job with positioning and placing things so your digi-shots work.

I learn something everyday here at dot 741, and your pics certainly are part of that.

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

rixm37 wrote:WOW great story. I spent the summer of 1970 stripping electical panels from B47's headed for the same fate as your B29's but I wasn't smart enough to grab a few soleniods.
Yours make a special addition to your truck. :D
B47s, that's cool, never saw one of those up close. Must have been a intresting job like my B29 one. Get any goodies at all?
Carter
Life Member:
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Carter, its a pleasure....

Post by Carter »

nivek wrote:.. to take time to view your shots.

I'm not a photographer, nor a brain surgeon, but I do play them on the InTARWeBb fairly well.. :)

Enjoy to see techniques used to better show the equipment and parts displayed. You do a fine job with positioning and placing things so your digi-shots work.

I learn something everyday here at dot 741, and your pics certainly are part of that.

kevinL
Thanks Kevin or should I call you Skip N :D I'm not a brain surgeon either and wouldn't even want to play at that. But I did play photographer for 15 years hanging off some of the tallest bridges in the United States. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/pho ... 7451hwWSlc I'm the one in the hat.
That job and previous experience taught me to compose and frame good photo shots. If you're ever really bored I have over 600 photographs in my albums and if you can't find something you're looking for tell me and I will make it appear.
Carter
Life Member:
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Hi Carter
The only thing I got of importance was a huge manual. Years later I donated it to the Pima Air and Space museum as they have a B47 on display.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

rixm37 wrote:Hi Carter
The only thing I got of importance was a huge manual. Years later I donated it to the Pima Air and Space museum as they have a B47 on display.
I also got a manual on the B 29: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/pho ... 7451kgWsUS
Rough shape but a museum is also intrested.
Carter
Life Member:
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Carter
That is a real piece of history that any air museum would appreciate. They have one of the best preserved B29's here at the Pima museum.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506