Ralph's M37B1

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

NCmountainman wrote::D Ralph certianly has a nice looking truck. Hope that mine looks that good someday!
Yes his truck is a keeper, he had his done before I finished mine and I used his as a pattern to complete my truck although his has radios and I am still trying to work a deal to get them. Mine is the one with the 201010909 USA numbers pictured above without the radios.
Ed, your rig is already a great looker. Is that a M35 duce cab top on yours? Looks like three ribs support the top and snaps or twist locks on the sides above the door windows. Is that correct?
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Post by Nickathome »

Carter wrote:Even though the truck is supposed to have a small star on the cowl instead of this one on the door I still went with the large star. It does look odd with the spare carrier blocking a portion of it and it's completely blocked when the tire is mounted but I mostly use the bed mounted carrier and only take 2 spares when on long drives, towing a trailer or going off road when I think 2 are needed. The truck is not a B1 and I added the door carrier because I liked the look and having an extra mounted tire along for the ride can be a good thing. As far as the tailgate star is concerned, it's my understanding only one is needed and it's supposed to be on the right side but I did have a Pennsylvania NG truck I got surplus at Aberdeen Proving Ground that had two stars like Ralphs tailgate. :o
EDIT: What was I looking at? Ralphs has no tailgate stars. I hate getting old, blind and loosing my mind :?

Carter;

Look at Ralph's truck again, it certainly does have a tailgate star, its right beneath the pioneer tool rack.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Oh that's great, I have been having trouble with my eyes and it may be necessary it have surgery to correct problems, glasses don't seem to help anymore, so now I know I'm going blind, really. We'll SEE, Ha Ha Ha, LOL and all that crap! Thanks for pointing out the star Nick.
Carter
Life Member:
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

hey carter,,
maybe you have what i have,,, selective sight, :D
my boss says i have selective sight and hearing, :roll:
at least i think she said hearing,, it was kind of hard to hear her over all that,, bla, bla, bla,

kevin
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

m35gibson wrote:hey carter,,
maybe you have what i have,,, selective sight, :D
my boss says i have selective sight and hearing, :roll:
at least i think she said hearing,, it was kind of hard to hear her over all that,, bla, bla, bla,

kevin
Glaucoma in both eyes and having almost no vision in one limits what I am able to see, by a lot. Some problems can be corrected thru surgery others not. I'd say that's selective, (s)elective surgery? Then the cost of what's not covered by insurance comes into the decision making process, do I want to see better or eat and pay for lifes little things, like a roof over my head and the other stuff we all need.
Carter
Life Member:
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

hey carter,,
your still young,,, no point in letting it get worse,, my dad, opted
to pass on the surgery, just because he was scared of,, at the time
going under, another knife, but my father was a walking disaster,,
god bless him,, he had more health problems then anyone i ever knew,,
and kept trudging along,, 7 years after they told him he had only six
monthes,
kevin
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

I cant help but to notice the MD tag. I my self live in southern MD. Would you be in my area?
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Carter's Twenty

Post by m-37Bruce »

mattveeder wrote:I cant help but to notice the MD tag. I my self live in southern MD. Would you be in my area?
Hey Matt,
Carter is in Susquehanna/North East, MD, I myself am a displaced Baltimorean.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

I was born in DC so you can call me misplaced. But not quite as extreme as baltimore to VA.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

mattveeder wrote:I cant help but to notice the MD tag. I my self live in southern MD. Would you be in my area?
I live in Havre de Grace, Harford County. Ralph is in Whiteford, Also Harford Co.
Carter
Life Member:
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Carter's Twenty

Post by Carter »

m-37Bruce wrote:
Hey Matt,
Carter is in Susquehanna/North East, MD, I myself am a displaced Baltimorean.
Baltimorean, up here we call them Baltimorons Bruce :D
Carter
Life Member:
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

Well if you live in southern maryland they call you a "smib". Soouthern Maryland Inbreed.
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

mattveeder wrote:Well if you live in southern maryland they call you a "smib". Soouthern Maryland Inbreed.
We get called country hicks and worse by Baltimore people, my Balto. resident son included :o
Carter
Life Member:
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Shame on him!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'