Committed

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Committed

Post by Lifer »

Well, guys...it looks like I'm committed to making the move from IL go GA. (My wife thinks I should be "committed" to somewhere else, but that's a different story.) Anyhow, my M37 is now loaded up on a truck and on its way to my daughter's house in Lavonia, GA. I'd post a pic, but I still can't do that on this forum. :(
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Juan
SGT
SGT

Re: Committed

Post by Juan »

Lifer wrote:Well, guys...it looks like I'm committed to making the move from IL go GA. (My wife thinks I should be "committed" to somewhere else, but that's a different story.) Anyhow, my M37 is now loaded up on a truck and on its way to my daughter's house in Lavonia, GA. I'd post a pic, but I still can't do that on this forum. :(
They always think that one should be commited to something else. You should be used to by now...
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
monkeymissile
SSGT
SSGT

Post by monkeymissile »

Lifer wrote:Well, guys...it looks like I'm committed to making the move from IL go GA. (My wife thinks I should be "committed" to somewhere else, but that's a different story.) Anyhow, my M37 is now loaded up on a truck and on its way to my daughter's house in Lavonia, GA. I'd post a pic, but I still can't do that on this forum. :(
good luck with the move. Start a free webshots account, post some truck pics to it and then you can post them here. It's a few extra steps, but it works well enough....
1953 Dodge M43

Fail often to succeed sooner
peter e mark
SSGT
SSGT

Post by peter e mark »

Lots of luck to you Lifer, and I hear there are lots of lawns to tear up in Georgia. Why, you might even take up that lifelong resentment you,ve always had concerning what the southerners call " The war of northern aggression". It's time to re kindle old flames ! Show them whose right ! Yes, The Civil War IS still on, and it's now your job to remind them who won ! ( Oh, I think I got carried away for a moment )
1952 M37 W/W
Veteran of 82 ABN. Division Motor Pool 1969
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Well, it's definately "in the works" now. My daughter just called to let us know that the M37 made it to her place (ahead of schedule). The rebuilt engine and all the rest of its associated parts are still up here in Yankee-land in the back of my Dakota pickup, though. Gotta get on the road in the next few days and get them all in the same place, don't I? :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Stop by & pay us a visit if your travels bring you through our area.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Longhunter7
PFC
PFC

Post by Longhunter7 »

Lifer,
The best view of Illinois is in your rearview mirror! Good luck with your move! :arrow:
Longhunter7

Northern Illinois

63' Dodge M37-B1

Molon Lave

NRA Certified Weaponologist
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Post by jbxx »

Good luck on the move!
Just from knowing you here, you will find many new friends to
help you with your project, at you new digs.
I know this may sound a little wierd but isn't it exiting to
have all the pieces, and you just have to put it all together?
Do a good photo doc of the progress. I really enjoy seeing that stuff.
P.S. I also really enjoy slides of peoples vacations (glutton for punishment)
J.B.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Very humid down Georgia way-get back on line soon, Lifer-be safe with your move!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Lifer.Have a great and safe move. Let us all know how it all went when you get back on line.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
nivek
CPL
CPL

Step across line to Freedom Lifer..

Post by nivek »

Send your FOID card back to Daley and his cretins via smokesignals.. :)

Congrats on getting the heck outa the Peeeopules 'Publik ov Daley..

Got roots there way down south near Coalville.
Had opportunity to take up G-dad's old homestead as an inheritance. Couldn't bear with Il's gunlaws..

Enjoy the bit more breathing space in Ga..

kevinL
'52 M-37 "Old Blue" still in 11enty-bazillion parts
'52 M-37 "Rusty Red" parted
Lifer
1SG
1SG

UPDATE

Post by Lifer »

Greetings, gang! Sorry to have been absent from the forum for the last 2 weeks. We went down to GA on the 4th and just got back to IL this morning. I was able to access the Steel Soldiers site on my son-in-law's computer, but couldn't access this one because I forgot to take my password with me. DUH!!

Fortunately, the house my wife had been drooling over for the last 2 months was still on the market when we got there. Also fortunately, the price had been reduced by $5,000. Fortunately, too, it looked just as good from the street as it did in the internet photo. UNfortunately, it proved to be unacceptable to our needs. The listing said nothing about it being a mobile home, but that's what it was...a converted mobile home, but a mobile home nonetheless. My wife adamantly refuses to become "trailer trash," and I hit my head on the ceiling fan the minute I stepped through the front door! There was not a ceiling in the place that was more than 7' high. (I'm 6' 10" in my bare feet, so I would have had to walk around every light fixture/ceiling fan in the place!)

When that house proved not to be "the one," we extended our stay for a couple of weeks and continued looking. The first thing we discovered was that nearly everything in our price range is a mobile home. (I've never seen so many mobile homes that were not in a mobile home park!) The second thing I discovered is that you can give a real estate agent your absolute upper price limit and he or she will consistently try to show you houses ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 above your maximum! I realize that they make more money on a big sale, but they'd make just as much or more by selling the lower priced homes. They could sell 8 or 10 of those in less time than it would take to sell 2 or 3 of the high priced ones!

Anyway, we haven't given up. We had to come back to IL because I was running out of medications and had to get back to where my refills are. On my next trip, I'll take ALL of them with me!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

Lifer Big Adventure !

Post by anthony manzella »

Good luck with everything on house hunting and your new start down that way , remember one thing [ THE SOUTH WILL FALL AGAIN ] SO DUCK AND COVER YOUR ACES ! oh yea I forgot your a Fly Boy so keep your nose up and flipem off ! :lol: :lol: :wink: 8)
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Glad to see you back Lifer!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500