Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Embedding videos in phpBB

Post by Argie1978 »

Hi all.
First, happy 2023!
This topic is for the proposal of inserting VIDEOS. I cannot tell for sure the phBB version of this forum. But I know since long the embedding of URLs coming from different media sites is available.
There used to be a [youtube] BBCode to help embed videos from this site, but then a multi-site tool was added, which comes pretty handy for people here using other social media platforms such as Vimeo, Daily Motion, IMGur, Facebook, etc (anytime soon TikTok will be added for Zoomers, LOL....).
Even Spotify is added so we can share the sound of a well tuned 245! 8)

@Admin, here is the link, note that it's official from PHBB so no 3rd parties involved: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/
Example:

Not only for indicating something that pictures couldn't do it (i.e.: describing a process; specifying a weird noise coming from the engine...), but also to look for trucks performing is great.
Hope it can be applied.
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Re: Embedding videos in phpBB

Post by Argie1978 »

More than three months later, nothing.
I was expecting a reply or at least a PM with some words like “Sebastian, sorry but we find your idea not practical because of....” or “Thanks and give us a time to check it properly”.
Being part of online communities is about sharing & helping. But also to bring ideas for improving the experience.
No problem people, won't happen again.
Sebastian
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

I just put a video up on YouTube and post the link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMv0uQnEaqU
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

Indeed this is the straightforward option, John. But when clicking, you open YT in the same tab or page. You get out of the forum.
The idea was you can embed the video here and you don't need to navigate to other sites.
But it's fine. Nevermind.
Sebastian
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

Argie1978 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:53 pm Indeed this is the straightforward option, John. But when clicking, you open YT in the same tab or page. You get out of the forum.
The idea was you can embed the video here and you don't need to navigate to other sites.
But it's fine. Nevermind.
That would be nice, but I just control click (on a Mac) or right click (on a PC - if I remember correctly) and choose to open in a new tab from the menu that pops up.
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine