Window channel adjustments

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Window channel adjustments

Post by Murf »

I replaced the felt channels in mine and made sure the frame screws were flush and smooth. Sprayed silicone lube liberally (soaked) and they run up and down great.
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

Where are you putting the Teflon sliders?

You can find Teflon plastic on Amazon, but most of it is white. It's also expensive

If you can't find black Teflon, you might try UHMW plastic instead. It's often referred to as "poor man's Teflon". It's less expensive than Teflon and almost as slippery. A search for "Black UHMW plastic" on Amazon turns up a variety of hits. (You can also find it in other colors.)
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
RedUtilityTruck
PVT
PVT

Post by RedUtilityTruck »

John Mc wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:05 am Where are you putting the Teflon sliders?

You can find Teflon plastic on Amazon, but most of it is white. It's also expensive

If you can't find black Teflon, you might try UHMW plastic instead. It's often referred to as "poor man's Teflon". It's less expensive than Teflon and almost as slippery. A search for "Black UHMW plastic" on Amazon turns up a variety of hits. (You can also find it in other colors.)
Thanks John, I was going to try and copy the posted pictures on page one of this thread. Guessing that black UHMW was used by RMS in the above post, although he called them teflon they are black..
Jase