Air filter question..

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Air filter question..

Post by Murf »

Anyone here ever retrofitted the oil bath system with a ring style paper oil filter that could sit inside?
My end game would be to keep the stock appearance but have a simple ring style paper or foam filter inside.
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Re: Air filter question..

Post by Argie1978 »

Hey Murf. Your idea makes sense, but you’d need to find a filter that fits in the body and would allow sealing AND flow. Have you found something from any brand? I’m thinking probably on a tractor filter.
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)
Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Murf »

I've been studying it. With the lack of room between the element assembly and the external wall and proper height needed for a seal ( and the fact that you can't see any of the clearences inside after putting the lid on) it's going to take some surgery on the element portion to do it. It doesn't help that everything is tack welded together. But, I don't think it's impossible.
I haven't been able to dedicate the time to it (my son is getting married this weekend so it's a tad hectic putting out "fires" my wife's head creates). :roll: :D
Argie1978
SGT
SGT

Post by Argie1978 »

Yes of course you'd need to cut some steel, not gonna lie. :wink:
Is this for the sake of avoiding the greasy cleaning? I don't think it's worth it. Unless you live in some very dusty rural area that forces you to do it quite frequently.
Congrats on the boy's wedding. Enjoy the party.
Sebastian
(sorry, I only speak in METRIC)