Humor for Veterans

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

Humor for Veterans

Post by Lifer »

Four old retired guys are walking down a street in Naples, Florida .

They turned a corner and saw a sign that said, "Old Timers Bar - All Drinks 10 ¢."

They looked at each other, and went in, thinking "This is too good to be true."

The old bartender said in a voice that carried across the room, "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, Gentlemen?"

There seemed to be a fully-stocked bar, so each of the men asked for a martini. In short order, the bartender served up four iced martinis...shaken, not stirred, and said, "That'll be 10 cents each, please."

The four men stared at the bartender for a moment , then looked at each other. They couldn't believe their good luck.

They paid the 40 cents, finished their martinis, and ordered another round. Again, four excellent martinis are produced with the bartender again saying, "That's 40 cents, please."

They paid the 40 cents, but their curiosity was more than they could stand. They'd each had two martinis and so far they'd spent less than a dollar.

Finally one of the men said, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as these for a dime apiece?"

"I'm a retired colonel from Boston ," the bartender said, "and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery for $25 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs a dime - wine, liquor, beer. It's all the same."

"Wow!!!! That's quite a story," said one of the men.

The four of them sipped at their martinis, but couldn't help noticing seven other people at the end of the bar who didn't have drinks in front of them, and who hadn't ordered anything the whole time they were there.

One man gestured toward the seven at the end of the bar without drinks and asked the bartender, "What's with them?"

"Oh," the bartender replied, "They're all retired NCOs. They're waiting for happy hour when drinks are half price."
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"