Rear differential parts M37B1

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Kyjim

Rear differential parts M37B1

Post by Kyjim »

Good evening!
I wrote a message about my 63 M37 I just purchased earlier and needed some advice on where to get some parts for the rear differential. Needing some new bearings and seals for the pinion. The guy I bought it from took it apart to get the twisted off axle end out on the left side. Well it has set for 15 yrs and the bearings are rusted pretty bad being exposed to the elements. Would like to get it back together. I guess I could just match the numbers on the bearings and races but the seals are what I'm worried about. I didn't see any #s on them. Any advice? Thank you from the new guy!
BILL L
SGT
SGT

Re: Rear differential parts M37B1

Post by BILL L »

Email me I may be able to help you. Autodoc51@aol.com Bill L Ocala Fl
greeno
SGT
SGT

Post by greeno »

And for all parts the usual suspects have what you need.

Midwest Military
Vintage Power Wagons
M37
YEAR: 1954
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

The cheapest and easiest way is to buy a pumpkin complete and swap it out. (I've got 4 extra known good axles for the spares.)
The Corporate axle is an absolute pig to work on and impossible without some specialized and specific tools.
Just an example.there are 3 bearings in the pinion and they set individually and require special spacers to do it.
The spider gears are inside a cover that can only be opened by drilling out tapered pins, heating half until it is hot enough to melt solder and then unscrewing with special tools and fixtures.
Fun stuff, that.
If you are near AZ, Rick has a fresh pull set of axles for sale in the swap meet section.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"