needed cheap old troop seats?

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
Drew89
PVT
PVT

needed cheap old troop seats?

Post by Drew89 »

Ive got a truck that needs all the metal parts to make troop seats our old troop seats if any body has any to sell let me know :lol:
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

When looking for parts, never use the phrase that you are looking for "cheap" parts.
It reflects that image on the poster.
Use the word, inexpensive, or that you are on a budget.
Basically all of us are on a budget with our many projects. Very, very rare will you find someone with all the money in the world to dump into a project.
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
VROD02
PFC
PFC

Post by VROD02 »

I would suggest vintage powerwagons on the hinges. I believe them to be 25. each you will need 4. Go with tom here on the stake pocket metal and wheel well support. Wood from home depot unless you have a local mill. Your lookin at 300 easy. I recently did this. It is one of the most important fixes in IMHO. When you get 6 people in the bed on the farm or in a parade it priceless. :D

Oh ya I just edited my post after seeing your location. Will they allow a "killer" truck like yours there? :shock:
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Thanks for the recommendation! I just bought the oak from Home Depot per the previous thread on wood. For the upright stake pockets, you can buy a 2x2x24 oak ballister at HD and cut it down. The other board stocks are 1x2, 1x3, 1x4 per cabell's website.

What did you use for the cross bows that measure 1 9/16 x 1 1/8? I bought some 1x2 and figured to glue them and cut. Let me know.
uglyranger
PFC
PFC

Post by uglyranger »

Drew89: Click on this web site for the wood dimensions:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/bedwood.htm