Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m35gibson
PFC
PFC

leaving the hobby

Post by m35gibson »

dear friends
to the ones i know,, and met over the past 5 short years,, i am getting out of the mv
hobby,, to cabell, carter,,nick,, whom ,i will miss the chats at aberdeen,,cabell :lol: and getting to see you once a year,,due to my divorce a couple years back, my current job situation,,which may not be a issue after tomorrow :(
and my health, which is the biggest issue right now,oh,, and money,, but i stick that up with divorce :? my funds will no longer allow me to do the things i once did,,i about cut my own throat at aberdeen, by the time the rain stopped,, it was almost over,, i was out close to four hundred in fuel,,plus as soon as i get my affairs in order,,im selling the duece,,, ,,, also on the sad note,, im going to be moving,,
so internet wont be an option,, for a while anyway,, good luck to you all in your
endevors,, and maybe i will seee some of you down the road,,,
kevin gibson
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, my friend. :( There's a saying that "not all that hits the fan will be evenly distributed." You seem to have discovered that in the worst possible way. I have confidence in you, though. You'll be back up and running, computer-wise, a lot sooner than you think. I'm sure you'll find another MV to play with eventually.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Kevin - our best wishes for you, one foot in front of the other.

God's speed your way - Keith
uglyranger
PFC
PFC

Post by uglyranger »

Vaya con dios. Go with God.
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

We have all been kicked in the teeth at one time or other. Everyone seems to be resilient. But all troubles aside, your health will be the big determiner.
You will bounce back, maybe you won't get back into the MV hobby, but I am sure you will find something to peak your interest as time and money allow.
I was a breath away from bankruptsy about 5 years ago.
"What donen't kill you, will make you stronger"
You have to have faith in yourself, and you really find out who your real friends are when the going gets tough.
Tom @ Snake River
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

Sorry to hear this bad news. Hope tomorrow brings you a better situation. Take Care.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
greencom
SGT
SGT

Post by greencom »

I'm truly saddened at your situation. I hope recovery won't be too painfull. A change in one's life is very frightening but temporary. You seem like a resourceful fellow so in time you will be looking back on it all from a much better situation. It happened to me also as I'm sure others on the forum. We will all be here for you when you return.
God be with you,
Greencom
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

I wish the best of luck to you. You will make it through these setbacks alright. As one of my Martial Arts teachers once said "Even the largest storm must pass to allow the sun to return." Hang in there. You will always have your friends here. When you move find the local library, you should be able to go online there free of charge to drop us a line. Keep us posted. :)

Regards,
David
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Kevin, I am sorry one of my MV buddies is pulling back for a while but I do understand. Taking care if your health is most important and with the economy in the crapper expensive hobies have to take a back seat to what's most important, taking care of you. I also have stopped spending on the hobby as extra funds don't exist now like they once did, last month I dolled out over eight grand for a whole series of emergencies that popped up, one a week, so I do understand, I think? Kev, if you ever wish to talk give me a call please. Take care friend, Carter
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

hey guys,
thanks for the comments, i have been thinking of getting out for some time, just, now with the price of diesal, i only drive my truck once a year!
i cant see keeping such a big vehicle around,, and not driving it.
i will be sad to let it go,, but,, because of money issues,, i cant afford to
pay 120.00 a month to keep it in storage,, which has worked for me up till now. its only 4 miles from where i live, plus, also due to my health,,
im scared on passing out behind the wheel,,im not willing on taking that chance, plus also,, from what the docs, have told me,, its not somthing that will get better :cry: i by no means am going to leave this scary planet :) just i wont be as moble as i once was,, or am now,,plus i have to many people left to torture :wink:
kevin gibson
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Take care, Friend, we will miss you and your forum posts. Best of luck to you!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Chin up, chest out and travel well, life can get you down but it can't take away who you really are.
Take Care Kevin.....
Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Kevin.....

Post by Nickathome »

Just got back from vacation, or I'd have responded to this sooner. I'm very saddened to hear that you are having to leave the hobby, but its just a hobby, and your health is paramount. Just remember that whatever happens you have friends here to turn to whenever you need help. My door is always open to you, if even just to talk my friend. Here's hoping that your health and financial situation improves that you may be able to enjoy the things that you always have.

As someone said to me when I faced layoff from work some years ago, "things always have a habit of working out for the best". You never believe it when you are immersed in a bad way, but I found those words to be very true. My situation improved and yours will to. Good luck with whatever you do. I am proud to know you and call you friend.
topellis
CPL
CPL

Post by topellis »

Kevin,
Although you may have to sell your truck, it's my opinion that those once bitten will never really leave altogether. Even if you don't have internet access all the time, you will look forward to the times you do have access even if it is at a public library to catch up on things. Even if you can't drive... when you travel you will still be the one that can spot a old piece of green M sitting amidst a sea of Chevy's and Fords. I went through a divorce and have paid through the nose but yet things have worked out so far. I remarried to a great woman and I had moved last year when I retired from the Corps to a great job but it was far-far away from our children. My x was letting our 12th grader run rampant and my mother in law is getting Alzheimer's so we sucked it up and moved back to where we were needed, I am desperately looking for work but am beginning to get calls and hope to have a decent job soon. Bottom line is that usually things have a way of working itself out. You may have to ride out a ugly period... or valley. I don't know if I would have made it thus far if I didn't have my faith in God. Not preachin but he can give you strength when you seem to have no hope.

Good luck and God Bless, I hope that things work out the best they can under the circumstances.

Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired