Fired it up !

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Fired it up !

Post by Murf »

So for the 1st time in... I don't know how many years, I got back to the truck that had become the resting spot for so much crap and other projects in the garage. After digging it out and spending lots of time on different stuff with it, I put the rebuilt carb on. I have always kept the engine "free" by hand turning it every-so-often. After pulling plugs and dropping in a bit of penetrant and oil to circulate I turned it over under and got good compression. Today I plumbed it with a gravity fed fuel bottle for a gas tank and let her rip. She fired up after some coughing and fiddling with the choke. After the mosquito screen cleared she cleared up. Oil press, volts, temp all were responding. After the 3rd bottle of gas she's purring pretty darn well. No knocks although I need to address a couple of disconnected vacuum lines. I will run a few more heat cycles to sort things out and fine tune the timing and carb.
No one blew up so I'm calling this a WIN! :lol:
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: Fired it up !

Post by just me »

That makes for a great day!
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

I am sure a great day, and just so very reassuring to have your truck cough and sputter and wheeze into a living beast. Congratulations, I remember how I felt when my own truck fired up after a year of rebuilding it. Have a great and productive, and safe winter. Hal Copple, aka NAM VET
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Congratulations Murf!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500