I'm back

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Brigand
SGT
SGT

I'm back

Post by Brigand »

Hey guys, glad to see you're all still plugging along.
It's been a while since I visited here. Since that time I have retired, sold my holdings in California and moved to Nevada up in the northwest corner. I brought two M37's and three WM type power wagon's with me and a few other toys with the intention of having a bit of fun.
But shortly after I moved here I made the acquaintance with a person with a rather poor grasp of physics. The notion that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time never occurred to him. He tried to pass a southbound semi on a two lane road in a no passing zone and wet met rather abruptly. His SUV and my Outback met head on and both left the road. The only saving grace was that we weren't on the side of a mountain but twenty feet above a creek bed. I fared much better than the guy in the SUV. Most of my damage has healed and I'm able to get up and move around. I plan to start working on my trucks again soon and I'll be checking in again soon.
Brigand aka Bob Thompson

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.
Cal_Gary

Re: I'm back

Post by Cal_Gary »

My gosh Bob!
So nice to hear from you, and so happy you survived a terrible accident!
Some of us G741 veterans still post once in a while (but I stay pretty consistent :) ), but sadly, so many have just vanished w/o a word, and we hope all are ok.
Glad to hear you are back in the saddle my Friend!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Murf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Murf »

Welcome back !
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

Glad you made it through that experience. It was years ago I was hit head on by a young girl that had dropped her cell phone in the passenger floor and reached down to try and retrieve it.

I was in the larger car. She was in a compact car. Don't let anyone tell you small cars are safe. They always loose in this situation. Funny things you remember as you are buckled in and your car rolls on the side of the road a few times. I remember things floating up to the ceiling and back down a few times, including my hands!

I came away with a badly bruised left leg that took about 6 months to heal. The girl was not so lucky. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey Bob,
Welcome back, what a horror story, glad you made it!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Brigand
SGT
SGT

Post by Brigand »

Thanks for the welcome back guys, I've missed playing with my toys. I'm working on getting two of the three M37's I have operational and then they'll be available to new homes. I'm undecided about what to do with what I refer to as my M37 kit. I will probably offer it for sale at some point but I'll have to include a huge tube of Testor's model cement.
I still have another couple surgeries coming up but they're outpatient deals and I shouldn't be down more that a few days as a result.
My attorney is planning to buy a sailboat on his cut of the proceeds from the settlement. The SUV driver was on company business in a company car although it took a while for them to come clean about it. It's a major trucking firm here and they'll be out of pocket quite a bit.
I move carefully these days, During the coming year I will undergo double Knee replacement surgery and then spinal surgery to fix a disc that herniated during the accident.

I have to tell you I'm ecstatically happy to be out of California. We moved at just the right time. I can't imagine what it must have been like in our old community during this plague. I feel sorry for the few close friends that remain there. Two of my sons and their kids are still there. I keep encouraging them to do a little job hunting here.
I don't miss battling code enforcement about what I planted and they couldn't do anything about. I kept Milkweed and other native plants growing in my back garden. They considered them noxious weeds but I plated them to attract butterflies, Humming birds and other critters.
Here of course it's no problem. They just leave you alone as long as you follow the burning rules. I'm not sure code enforcement even comes out this far from town.
The quail and the rabbits taunt me because they seem to know I can't shoot them. I don't really have any desire to do so. There's plenty on the BLM land. All I have to do is drive the Mule a little under a mile and I can shoot to my hearts content.
So aside fro one unforeseen development this has been a pretty good move.
Generally speaking Nevada drivers are fairly sane except near Vegas and Reno. The guy that hit me was from Sparks which is close to Reno and accounts for a fair amount of the drug crime in this end of the state. Plus he wasn't a Nevadan, he's from California.
Anyway I look forward to getting back into old trucks, I've missed them.
Thanks again for the kind words and take care of yourselves. The best revenge is outliving the bastards.
Brigand aka Bob Thompson

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Morning Bob,
I feel for you, I have had one knee replacement, it it went horribly wrong in so many ways! It does sound like your making it out of the mire.
Regards,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA