Pictures of snow plow mounts please

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

j mccormick
CPL
CPL

Re: Pictures of snow plow mounts please

Post by j mccormick »

Carter, I just wanted to thank you for posting the pictures of your snow plow mount. I got busy and welded up a mount based on yours, for my M37 with an electric winch. I'm really happy with the ease of removing the mount with two pins, also my plow has a quick disconnect so I could have it back to just the bumper in a couple minutes. Very pleased with my plow truck now. I don't know how to post pictures but I think it looks great.

Joe
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Good to learn how it worked out for you Joe, I thought the idea up years ago and wanted the set-up to be easily installed and removed without any mods. to the truck. Pleased that another owner found the mount worth building. Thanks for your comment. :D
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
John Mc
SSGT
SSGT

Post by John Mc »

Resurrecting an old thread again...

Thanks for posting the pictures, Carter (and others). I have a couple of questions for you:

What do you find is the best snow plow width to match up with an M37?

I'm in the Champlain Valley of VT. We don't often get buried in multiple feet of snow in a single storm event, but it has been known to happen. It would mainly be used to plow our driveway and a few hundred feet of road which is not maintained by the town - total is about 1/3 mile. I do have a tractor with a snowblower that I can fall back on for the really big snows, but it's slow, and a rear-mounted blower, which really gets to my neck when doing snow removal, so it only really comes out for the big storms or when I need to knock back the plow berms (I share a driveway with my neighbor, who has a plow on his tractor.) I'd like to be able to cover my tracks with room to spare when the blade is angled, but am wondering how much plow is too much for the M37 to handle well.

And a question for Carter: In your Oct 3, 2015 post on this thread, you included a link to an album of plow and mount shots. When I click on it, I get an "access denied" message. Is that album still available somewhere?
1951 M37 "Brutus" w/Winch and 251 engine
milstencil
CPL
CPL

Post by milstencil »

John,
Here's a pix of my truck with hitch
I use an 8' western plow as it has to fit in my garage. If I had another choice I would use an
8.5' plow as it would keep the plow roll away from the wheels when angled.
Notice how the hitch was made, all angle iron and was fitted to the holes of the tow shackles.
It was braced with 1" bar stock back to bracket over the wheel on the frame. I can remove in the
summer when I don't need it.
I have a 12V and 24V set up on the truck. 3rd battery is under the driver's seat and runs from a
12 volt high output low rpm alternator located above the 60amp 24 volt military alternator.
Need more pix, email me and I will send what I have.
Rick
Resident of the Communist state of Massachusetts, home of failed
health care and failed gun control! See what the Democrats can do
when they control both houses.
http://www.militarystencils.com