Plate on firewall

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

vtech

Plate on firewall

Post by vtech »

Does anyone know what this plate is for its mounted on right side of firewall behind hood hinge area
vtech

Re: Plate on firewall

Post by vtech »

i did try to upload a pic and apparently it didnt go through so its a oval plate with 10 digits mounted of right side of firewall
06boblee
SFC
SFC

Post by 06boblee »

It sounds like an ID plate, with the body # or serial #. Some trucks came with them some not. Mine did not have one- or any holes that would show that it was there. A lot of folks make their own personal plate to put there.
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
vtech

Post by vtech »

maybe a body ID the numbers dont match the serial numbers , i dont think it was added on by anyone either , i have a good history of this truck , a surplus parts dealer bought the truck in the late seventies directly from military service and i remember seeing it in his warehouse when i was a kid then a family friend bought it and has had it since up until my purchase in 2019 heres the numbers maybe someone can shed some more light on it , 49102-46689
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Body serial. Won't match any other number on truck. My 53 has one.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

my 52 cnd has one on the cab and the box that match the numbers on the glove box but nothing on the frame..... but my old m43 and and other m37s have none ?
.............................. use it ...............