Got a little exercise today...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

Got a little exercise today...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Hello All,
Everyone gearing up for the Winter storms, Thanksgiving and such? We got a half-foot of snow on Monday with the big one just beginning here in SLC. Taking advantage of the lull last night we rolled out the Dodge-batteries are fading since they are 10+ years old but still cranking. Time to find a black Friday deal on a new pair!

We finally picked up our upper deck rails and posts-the last bits of our deck rebuild that's taken the past two summers, and we'll work around the weather here and there in order to finish it up.

Hope everyone is doing well-the Forum seems rather dormant lately.
Happy Holidays!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Got a little exercise today...

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
If the storm that rolled through here makes it to you guys you'll have plenty of exercise :)

You (and the rest of the crew on the site) have a great Thanksgiving!

Andy
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks Andy!
It did and we did-around 18 inches so the blower got some exercise too.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

When I see on the news the snow and ice on the roads, I just comment to the family that I just can't do winter anymore. I am sure blasting thru snow in our trucks would be fun, for me, I much prefer walking on the beach and sitting in the sun while we are all down at our place just south of Charleston, SC. Even the water is not too cold to wade in, and the little ones love to pick up shells, and examine the driftwood and silver dollar shells. Chris brought his bikes and towed kid carrier down, so we pedal to and from the beach. Set up the corn hole boards, and five years old Ollie and I spent hours flying his little balsa gliders. Thursday fried a turkey, and the Sat did hot wings. Lots of tame deer out and about on our island, and hawks and pelicans flying above us.

I have shoveled enough snow, and driven on ice enough for one life. I know lots of folks who really like four seasons, but for me, three is all I want. For those who are out in the trucks frolicking, I wish you all the best.

NAM VET
murano3
PFC
PFC

Post by murano3 »

Just cold in sunny UK, truck gets fired up for 15 / 20 minutes every 3rd weekend, starts no issues.

As soon as we move back into spring more jobs to do, mainly painting inside cab and rear bed, wheels off and sand down the drum exteriors.
Ben Connor
1952 M37 80026073
United Kingdom
http://www.afvn.co.uk
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks guys,
No frolicking right now with all the deck rails and such in the back-the truck is in the garage awaiting new batteries that I hope to score a deal on, later today.

More snow on the way too.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W