MICHIGAN MVPA NEEDS OUR HELP!!

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

MICHIGAN MVPA NEEDS OUR HELP!!

Post by Cal_Gary »

Got this from the MVPA:

Calling on all members support to help our fellow Michigan members.

The senate bills have passed the transportation committee 8 to 1. 2 cards were submitted in opposition which was the SOS and also the Sierra club.

The bills allow for full on road use or historic use.

The bills now move to the senate floor for voting. Please have everyone use the contact law makers threw SEMA link provided below. It will open up your e mail and place the e mail contacts and subject in for you.

Tip, if you receive errors, depending on what e mail system you use. I had to remove the semicolons with my e mail to work.

SEMA link

https://www.semasan.com/legislative-ale ... tling-pass

Here also s a sample e mail which can be used for the body of the e mail.

To whom it may concern.

My name is _____________. I fully support senate bills 344, 345, 346. I ask for your continued support with your yes vote on the following bills to allow for registering surplus military vehicles here in Michigan. Please help by keeping History alive and in motion here in the Motor city capital of the world. We can never forget the men and women that serve /served our great country by honoring the vehicles that safety transported them from point a to point b.

S.B. 345 would amend the Michigan Vehicle Code to define "military surplus" and "historic military surplus" vehicles.

S.B. 346 would exempt military surplus vehicles from certain emission inspections.

S.B. 344 would authorize registration and titling of military surplus vehicles that adhere with certain equipment standards. It would also allow the issuance of historic vehicle license plates to historic military surplus vehicles.

These bills recognize the important historical and patriotic purpose of these vehicles.

These bills acknowledge that military surplus vehicles are becoming valued collectors’ items among the automotive community.

These bills would bring the state in line with others that are moving to allow former military vehicles similar accommodations as those available to civilian vehicles.
Your continued support is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your yes vote at the next Senate meeting.

Sincerely,

Thanks,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500