Cargo Cover

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

overton
PVT
PVT

Cargo Cover

Post by overton »

I just got a fresh new cargo cover for Tinkerbell. (63 M37B1). I did not get the front and/or back covers. I just have the big top cover.

I have the canvas laying over the bows and I'm looking at the ropes thinking about the numerous ways to affix these. The side ropes obviously attach to the side hooks but the front and rear ropes could attach in a number of ways. I looked for pictures here but didn't find much. Anyone have any words of wisdom for getting this cover buttoned on tight? Pictures would be helpful.

Thanks,
Greg
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

cargo cover

Post by xm708 »

not that I have one but there are tie down hooks low on the front of the bed between the cab and bed and two on the gate if I am not mistaken.

ed
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Yep! That's where they are, alright. Remember that you will be adjusting these ropes from time to time as the canvas shrinks and the ropes stretch. I would suggest using tautline hitches on your rope ends, (Don't know how to tie one? Ask a Boy Scout or buy a Boy Scout Field Manual. ;) )
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
overton
PVT
PVT

Hooks on the gate

Post by overton »

Seem somewhat odd that the ropes for the cargo cover would attach to the tailgate in the rear. You have to untie them to lower the gate?
overton
PVT
PVT

tauttline hitch

Post by overton »

Here's a nice example of how to tie a tauttline hitch

http://www.iland.net/~jbritton/tautlinehitch.htm

Lifer wrote:Yep! That's where they are, alright. Remember that you will be adjusting these ropes from time to time as the canvas shrinks and the ropes stretch. I would suggest using tautline hitches on your rope ends, (Don't know how to tie one? Ask a Boy Scout or buy a Boy Scout Field Manual. ;) )
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Thanks! :D That's a great example of a very useful knot (hitch).
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"