Electric 24V wiper and fuel pump upgrade

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

isaac_alaska
SFC
SFC

Electric 24V wiper and fuel pump upgrade

Post by isaac_alaska »

looking for a good electric replacement for the stock fuel pump and wiper setup. made a new thread here because it was off-topic for either of my other two threads.

looking at possibly this for wiper motors:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19101-04-Omix-A ... fc&vxp=mtr

but other suggestions would be appreciated!

Weather here in Nome, AK has been hot and sunny with very little rain this year, but of course the days you decide to take the truck out are the days it decides to rain!
Isaac
Fairbanks, AK
Civilian WM300 on DC3 tires
'52 M37 on 11x16 Michelin
'52 M37 on Apple R-1 tractor tires
Photo Gallery
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: Electric 24V wiper and fuel pump upgrade

Post by just me »

ABLinn sells a 24V wiper kit that fits easily and works better than the vacuum wipers. It is rain rated only. Not snow and ice.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
isaac_alaska
SFC
SFC

Post by isaac_alaska »

i'm looking for something that can hopefully handle snow and ice :D but thanks for the tip, i hadn't even thought of that
Isaac
Fairbanks, AK
Civilian WM300 on DC3 tires
'52 M37 on 11x16 Michelin
'52 M37 on Apple R-1 tractor tires
Photo Gallery
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

The unit in your link is rain only, also. The units capable of snow and ice are too big and block my vision since they hang down from the frame. Doesn't help that I'm 6'-1".
If I needed better wipers, I would go to air motors and put a compressor and tank on the truck. Then I could have air horns and suspension bags, too.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
Jess
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Jess »

I have the 2 speed 24V version on my M37. There is a switch kit that you can mount right on the wiper although mine are switched off the dash.

http://www.wiperparts.com/collections/24v?page=2

I got mine locally at a marine supply.
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

I bought two sets of 24v wipers off of ebay which were the size of the cheap Chinese Omix style wipers offered for Jeeps. The wiper motors are labeled "US Bosch", and I made an adaptor plate for the two mounting screws on our trucks. They are single speed and 135 degree sweep. I have been pretty pleased with my install. I paid $100 for the last set and will sell them for that plus shipping. I will trace out my mounting bracket so you can make one like it if you want. I'd make the brackets for you, but I have no spare time now. Let me know and I will take some pictures of them, and the new piping for the two control wires and switching. I am nearly 6'5" and I did not want a large motor blocking my already limited vision. As it is, I can't see stoplights.
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Resurrecting this old thread, I'm wondering if these are the same motors?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Willy ... 1438.l2649

Anyone have experience with these in snow and ice?
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
Drew M.
CPL
CPL

Post by Drew M. »

Buy American Bosch wipers to replace the Trico vacuum wipers. They show up on Ebay regularly. They are often used in marine applications. They had no problem with snow on my trucks.

And yes, that link is to the American Bosch wiper you want.
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

Thanks, Drew!
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776