My m37 heater

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Rail man
PVT
PVT

My m37 heater

Post by Rail man »

This is a m151 heater kit that I modified for my m37. what do you guys think?
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

good idea, I'm getting tired of having the damned thing over the fender, it kinda ruin the aerodinamics of the truck. :lol:
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Rail man
PVT
PVT

Post by Rail man »

Idon't know about aerodinamic but it does change the look of it.Note..on the outside of the cab, the cold air pickup vent. It's just the corner of it in the lower right of the pic.
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

The heater will pull fresh air in from the cab. The heater is upside down to the way it was made to fit a 151...but hey looks like it should provide some heat. I never understood the heater out on the fender.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
m-11
SGT
SGT

Post by m-11 »

Hey I stumbled onto this posting and you may have just answered my question. I have four holes drilled into the left front fender. You can see two of the holes in the fender but what is the cut out going into the side of the engine compartment?

Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

Getting fresh air into the cab never seemed to be a problem for me :lol:
I did install Mutt heaters in an M37 and a M819, they work great. Tom
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I never liked the fender-mounted heaters, either, M-11, As for the cutout you refer to in the pic, it's definately not a stock knock-out. Looks like someone cut it out for some purpose, but we'll probably never know what it was.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Rail man
PVT
PVT

Post by Rail man »

I didn't think getting fresh air into the cab would be a problem either,but since the knockout in the side of my cab for the engine/battery heater was gone l thought l would use the parts since they were in the heater kit.I had to make a bracket but it coverd the hole nicely.
mattveeder
CPL
CPL

Post by mattveeder »

That looks great, I have the fender heater. The great thing that you have going is that you will have very warm air. My fender heater looks great but it stops there. Since it is outside it never gets that warm.
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

Lifer wrote:I never liked the fender-mounted heaters, either, M-11, As for the cutout you refer to in the pic, it's definately not a stock knock-out. Looks like someone cut it out for some purpose, but we'll probably never know what it was.
That's the butcher way of doing the holes for the heater hoses. Can't remember if it has knockouts or you just have to drill them. I did mines 10 years ago.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina