1100x16 NDT tires

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Karl Kostman
PVT
PVT

1100x16 NDT tires

Post by Karl Kostman »

Hello folks I searched through the past post and found a little info on what I am looking for. I recently purchased a 1952 M-37 and will be going to recover the truck in April, currently it has some nice looking larger lug offroad tires on it and I am looking to put more original NDT type tires back on it using stock rims. I have a set of stock rims on the way but still looking for 1100x16 NDT tires, I have found some through VPW but i am balking at the price a bit, 280.00 per tire plus shipping and flaps. My question is do I have any other options, the tires seem darned hard to find and are expensive, is that just the way it is or do you folks have any better suggestions?
Any info would sure be appreciated.
Karl
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: 1100x16 NDT tires

Post by Elwood »

The regular suppliers - Lucas, Coker, Universal, etc. - are all close to the $275 per tire for a 9.00x16 NDT. Have you tried Wallace Wade in Dallas? You don't mention where you're located, but you might be close enough to one of the vendors to pick the tires, flaps, and tubes up and save on the shipping.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Karl,

As Elwood mentioned......the price for new NDTs is pretty much the same wherever you buy them........the shipping is where you'll save money. On the East coast Universal goes to all the military meets and if you live close to one of them you can save a bundle on shipping. You can also usually find a pair or two of minimally used NDTs at the meets, but no guarantees. I picked up a pair of virtually new NDTs for $100 bucks last April and another pair from the same vendor in the fall for $150. The meets start in late March and Early April, which is when you say you're getting the truck. They also pop up on Craigslist and you can try over on Steel Soldiers too. It's like everything else......when you need them you can't find them and when you have them you find tons more following you home. :mrgreen:

regards,
bob
Karl Kostman
PVT
PVT

Post by Karl Kostman »

Thanks guys that is pretty much what I was expecting, but you dont know unless you try! I live in ND right in the middle of the country and we dont have any national MV get togethers in this little slice of heaven. Boy I hate to do it but it looks like VPW is going to get the business at 279.00 per tire plus shipping, OUCH! Beautiful when done but still OUCH! Thanks much for sharing your experience and insight guys it is appreicated!

Karl
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Karl,

Since your smack dab in the middle of the country shipping will probably be about the same from whomever you buy your tires from. Are you a member of the MVPA? If you are look at Wallace Wade Tires' advertisement in Supply Line. They're advertising 9.00x16 NDTs for $218 each, tubes at $29 each and free flaps if you buy 4 tires. And they even throw in a free antenna flag! :mrgreen:

regards,
bob
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

I got mine from Wallace Wade too, and saved a ton on shipping because I arranged through my local Auto Zone to accept the shipment in my behalf-cheaper to deliver to a business.... mention their ad (WW) and get some free US flags, too.!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Karl Kostman
PVT
PVT

Post by Karl Kostman »

Thanks again guys I will give Wallace Wade a call and see what they have, and yes I am a member of the MVPA, and rather proud of it also! Will let you know how I come out on this after talking to those folks!
Karl
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

summit racing also has military tires

I think they were cheaper :? ?
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION