Four Wheel Drive & Break Levers

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

Four Wheel Drive & Break Levers

Post by anthony manzella »

I have replaced the rubber that covers the levers to try and keep the heat and cold down , thought I might try to put some door sweeps on also the kind that are used for roll up doors on the back of trailers the black bristly looking stuff, has any one else tried that so it would also keep the wind down and did it help? 8)
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
SOTVEN
SFC
SFC

Post by SOTVEN »

HELLO FRIEND! WHEN I GOT MY M A FEW YEARS BACK, I TRIED TO DO THE ADDITIONS YOU HAVE IN MIND. I REPLASED THE BOOTS ON THE FLOOR LEVERS, AND USED GARAGE DOOR RUBBER AROUND THE DOORS. NOT MUCH IMPROVEMENT. THERE IS NOT AS MUCH WIND BLOWING THROU, BUT IT IS NOWHERE NEAR CAR LIKE. PERSONALLY I COULD NOT CARE LESS. I LOVE MY TRUCK BECAUSE IT IS NOWHERE NEAR A CAR, BUT IF ISSUES LIKE THAT BOTHER YOU, THEN I HOPE SOMEONE ELSE IN HERE HAS A SOLUTION THAT WILL HELP YOU. :)
LIFE IS SHORT AND ENDS UNEXPECTEDLY. MAKE EVERY MOMENT WORTH REMEMBERING.
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Like SOTVEN says, it's pretty much a waste of time. Our trucks were designed as utilitarian vehicles and luxuries (such as weatherstripping) were the last thing anyone was concerned with. If you replaced the rubber boots on the levers, I'd call it "good." I don't think I ever saw an "active duty" M37 that had 'em in it. If they were there in the first place, they were certainly not replaced when they wore out. I've come to the conclusion that bodywork tolerances can be measured in quarters of an inch rather than in thousandths of an inch. In other words, you'll never be able to stop all the wind leaks. Stop "obsessing" about your truck and enjoy it! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
refit1701
1SG
1SG

Post by refit1701 »

All those wind leaks are normally refered to as "air conditioning". I hate to think how hot it would be in a sealed cab.

I think it's called "2-45" AC. :)
-John
Member of Dixie Division MVC

1953 USAF M37 wow, restored
1962 M151 Ford Production, on the rotisserie now
1953 USMC M37 w/w -in storage
1942 M6 Bomb Service Truck (sold to UK collector)
1967 M116A1 Pioneer Trailer
1968 M101A1 Trailer
S-89 Comm box