engine for towing with m37

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

justindearb
PVT
PVT

Re: engine for towing with m37

Post by justindearb »

my truck is all converted to 12 volt so fording is out of the question for this truck anyway the more money I put into the truck the less hardcore four wheeling I do I have a locker in the rear with high strength axles and it is really nice off road with more power but I don't do any crazy things with the truck anymore just trail riding and sandpit stuff
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

Kaegi wrote:
justindearb wrote:I read an SAE comparison study about oil bath v. paper and they both scored about the same. the oil bath will remove the finer particles than the paper but the paper can flow slightly more. so each has trade offs.
How does and oil covered gauze (K&N) compare? I made a similar intake, but it is longer to accommodate the distributor cooling fittings
Kaegi
SFC
SFC

Post by Kaegi »

ZGjethro wrote:
Kaegi wrote:
justindearb wrote:I read an SAE comparison study about oil bath v. paper and they both scored about the same. the oil bath will remove the finer particles than the paper but the paper can flow slightly more. so each has trade offs.
How does and oil covered gauze (K&N) compare? I made a similar intake, but it is longer to accommodate the distributor cooling fittings
those were not in the test I read. if you google SAE air filter testing you might find something. I don't have a link anymore. I like oil bath because I am a cheap skate and don't like buying filters. ;/)
justindearb
PVT
PVT

Post by justindearb »

haha well I'm happy with my oil and air filter setup not going to change anything