"Stupid is as stupid does."

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Post by Lifer »

On the radio this morning, they were talking about an article in Men's Health magazine which listed 5 things a man should never say to a woman. That got me to thinking (which is sometimes dangerous) and I began to wonder...what is the dumbest thing you ever said to a woman?

I'll start. I was shopping with my first wife and she picked up a can of Sudden Beauty hair spray. I grinned and said "It's gonna take more than that!" It took her a second to figure out what I meant, but to say that she was less than pleased would be a gross understatement!
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Carter
1SG
1SG

Did I say that?

Post by Carter »

Lifer I also have made the honesty error when dealing with lady friends. I was going with a young lady years ago who ask about how she looked in a mini skirt and I honestly told her they were not for her because her legs were to heavy and short to look good in a short skirt. OH what a mistake that was, we didn't talk or do anything else :cry: for quite a while.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Dumb things...

Post by Nickathome »

I've been known to comment about a woman's size, say while out at the store, or in a restaurant or on TV, and the person was thinner than my wife....OPen mouth, insert foot.......
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Last week

Post by jbxx »

Told YL that somthing her sister did was stupid (mistake #1)
She told me that she shouldn't even have told me about it (mistake #2).
I got pissed (mistake #3) Told her that it was a boring story anyway
(mistake #'s 4,5,6) And dont tell me any more stupid stories (#7,8,9,10)
Have now had 7 days of peace and quiet.
Did I learn anything? Nope, too old and stubborn.
J.B.
jbxx
SGT
SGT

Pregnancy class

Post by jbxx »

Was going to a pregnancy class for my son.
Asked lady in class how far along she was.
Wrong classroom, pregnancy class was next door.
OOPS!
J.B. ( I could go on )
Gerry
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Gerry »

Early on in my second marriage got into an argument with my wife and accidently called her my ex-wife's name. :lol:
None of the good stuff for a while after that one :cry:
Gerry

53 M37
ChrisG
PVT
PVT

Post by ChrisG »

I thought it was quite a funny remark at the time when my partner showed me some new clothes she had bought.....

I thoughfully asked her
"where did you get those...the 1940's?"

:lol:
anthony manzella
SSGT
SSGT

women women

Post by anthony manzella »

THAY HAVE NO! BLESSED HUMOR ! and that's just the short of it all. 23 years after my divoris and i still hear about how i open up my mouth when i was asked how did i think her beef stew turn out it look like carrots potatoes onions some from of beef and colored water, and i said what the F IS THIS STUFF ! she ran up the stairs [ bald] all night [and not me for along time!] BUT I STILL HAVE A BIG SHIT EATEN GRINN ABOUT THAT ONE! :lol: 8)
Hit Duh Ground Runnin
ELBUFO
PFC
PFC

Not that one

Post by ELBUFO »

My wife went cloths shopping many years ago. Fortunately for me when she asks for an opinion I give it to her no holds barred. She is good with that...I think, at least I haven't woken up with parts missing. I must admit sometimes my ribs hurt. She claims it is from nudging me when I snore.

Now for the story: While I was abandoned outside the dressing area, I was sitting with a young boy. His mother came out to get his opinion on a dress she was wearing. This lady was a little heavy set. She was very pretty, but could have stood to loose a few pounds. She looked at her son and he said the dress was very nice. It made her look like the Goodyear blimp. I Looked at her and gave her the finger down the throat gesture, and a shake of my head indicating not good. She paused, then vanished back into the dressing room. I explained to the boy why the dress was not good for her. My wife came out and asked my opinion. I gave it. She too did a turn around. I again explained to the boy. His mother returned. Same result. This went on for several more parades from both women. finally the boys mom came out wearing a getup that was very flattering on her. I expressed my approval. She again vanished. My wife who had finished making her choices came out ready to cash out. I explained to her what was going on, and we waited. The other lady came out dress in hand, She looked at my wife and told her how lucky she was to have a guy who expressed his opinion, rather than faking it. She thanked me for my opinion and we all left. believe it or not, I am still alive. There are some ladies out there who actually want to hear the truth!
John
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

A couple of months ago my wife woke up early a Saturday and off she went. I was asleep when she left. When she came back I asked where did she go so early on a cold Saturday morning? She said hair dresser, I said oh, and then open my big mouth again to ask, was it closed?.
Needless to say, I was banned for two weeks. :roll:
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
TOM R
SSGT
SSGT

Post by TOM R »

went to a gf place to give her a hand before she went out witht he girls, I was tired from 2 double shifts and could barely see straight to drive over, and told her this before i left and Itold her i did not want to come overcause i was not in a good mood and would take care of it in the morning, well she insists, I am there and she is slatherin on makeup ( never saw this much on her she was a good lookin gal) and she asked what i thought when done, well open mouth insert both feet and legs :twisted: well you don't need all that makeup it looks like crap and i think you need a makeup class, my sister used to model and she could give you some tips :shock: HOLY SHIT pissed off to no end, got told off and i went home to my bed where i wanted to be :wink:

needless to say she was like the wife above and always wanted the honest opinion on clothing, being tired i think it just came out wrong oh well she got over itand I still think it is funny as hell :D
1945 t24/m29 weasel
1946 cj2a ww2 style
1954 m37
mvpa 31698
nra lifer
Franz©
PVT
PVT

Post by Franz© »

You young bucks just lack experience.

Many winters back Lawn Nazi and I set up housekeeping together, and she asked my opinion on something. I told her she didn't want it, and she oughta just let it go. She insisted. I told her it looked like crap. 2 days of silence were wonderful.

The next time she asked, I reminded her of the first experience. This time she just changed what she was wearing, and thanked me.

My policy on hairdoos is simple, I don't decide for a minimum of 30 days. By then she either changed it or decided she likes it, and I just go along.

Being that LN is verticly chalenged, everything she buys requires height modification, be it hems or cuffs. Because I'm a warm wonderful SOB I made her a nice stool to stand on so she can rotate and I can mark. It's taken her a while to realize I mark skirts where I want them, but she accepts that. She don't ask me much any more, I think one of her coworkers does it now.

Probably ought to mention too, when I'm requested to pin darts in jackets & such I require a signed waiver before pinning. I stick myself enough with them damn things and I ain't taking crap for accidental sticks to her.

It's all in the aproach. I aproach things my way and she adapts.