Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Latest Mistake!

Post by Tim Powell »

Hey Crew.
Well, I guess I better fess-up to my latest mistake. I bought a 1948 Willys Jeep CJ2A with a 1979 Ford 2.3 OHC engine.
It had sat unmoved since 2002 along the Mississippi river and been thru several floods that put water in all the gear boxes and motor.
We trailered it home and I've been working on it just trying to de-water the components.
To my amazement after a tremendous amount of time flushing and cleaning (it's a really long story) the old Jeep roared to life yesterday morning at 08:00 hours!
I was amazed but really quite proud! I am starting back on Lori's M-37 today and will remain on the "M" until it's parade ready for Veteran's Day!
The Jeep purchase was simply to keep it from being scrapped. Now that it runs maybe somebody will take up the cause to save her.
Attachments
DSCF2699 (200 x 150).jpg
DSCF2699 (200 x 150).jpg (10.79 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
1968 M101A1 Cargo Trailer
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
MC-A1 Air Compressor Unit
Military Tank APU

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing."
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: Latest Mistake!

Post by 52 M-42 »

Now that you got the tire mounted in Lori's truck, I'm sure you could move a few more things around in the garage so that poor little jeep would have a warm home for the winter.

Besides, I'm sure Lori would like to have a jeep to keep her M company. Another project will keep you from being bored all winter.

I think you need to keep it and restore it. :wink:

After all, you bought it and brought it home. You gotta take care of it now.

52 M-42
Carter
1SG
1SG

Re: Latest Mistake!

Post by Carter »

Well it's like this Tim, you adopted it so ya gotta provide for it. :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Latest Mistake! (Adoption)

Post by Tim Powell »

Whoops! :oops: Did I say mistake?
I meant to say another "classic treasure" has found a home at the Powell "motor pool"!
I gotta' admit, I drove it around the yard today and it brought back some great memories.
Adoption papers signed & sealed! :D
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU

Tim Powell
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Latest Mistake! (Adoption)

Post by Tim Powell »

Tim Powell wrote:Whoops! :oops: Did I say mistake?
I meant to say another "classic treasure" has found a home at the Powell "motor pool"!
I gotta' admit, I drove it around the yard today and it brought back some great memories.
Adoption papers signed & sealed! :D
I put a battery in the 1948 Willys Jeep with the 1979 Ford O.H.C. engine and fired her up again this morning. Just as I expected, the clutch disk was rusted to the flywheel. 2 trips around the yard with a 6-gallon boat tank for fuel with the clutch pedal fully depressed and she finally broke loose. Still no 2nd and 3rd gear but we have 1st and a back-gear! It’s a beginning.
Not too shabby for a vehicle that has sat since 2002 and been thru several Mississippi river floods! She just ain’t ready for the big parking lot in the sky! (Jeep officially on hold for a while)
Military truck tomorrow. Tuesday is get ready for work. Back on the road Wednesday early AM for a week.
Tim & Lori Powell
1952 Dodge M-37
2011 F350 Ford Flatbed
Military Tank APU