1952 M37 For Sale/Parting out

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
GWOTvet
PVT
PVT

1952 M37 For Sale/Parting out

Post by GWOTvet »

I bought a running, titled, 1952 M37 last summer for $2,000. I've finally accepted the fact that I bit off more than I could chew and decided to sell it. I promptly sold the hard top and tailgate to a guy in Iowa. But started to regret that too... I'd hate to see a pretty complete piece of history (Army, Fire, and County) get chopped up. So sitting here tonight at Ft. McCoy, I thought I'd see if anyone on g741 would like to take a shot at her.

She's a multi-colored, banged up, old girl. Most of the rust is in the top of rear wheel well, just under headlights, and behind front fender. The driver side door is dented but you can still make out the old star through the layers of county yellow and fire house red. She started all year (even in the dead of a Northern MN winter). New brake lines but still has barely enough brake to stop her. All glass is cracked.

I do have new headlights (still in the box), the later version civilian style turn signal (not installed), a spare tire/wheel, original front bumper (off truck and bent), and a complete wiring harness (complements of M37 Bruce).

I hate to give up so easily but it's clear I should've started with something a little easier... like an old Army wheelbarrow. But the price was right at the time and I was willing to give it a shot. Anyway, reply to this post or shoot me a message if you're interested in any or all of her. I live near Duluth, MN and don't see many of you posting from the Midwest so my location might be an issue. I'm unfamiliar with the process of selling parts and shipping them. But if there's something you really need for your restoration, let me know and I'll figure out a way to get it to you.

Thanks for reading. I've followed along with many of the discussions on this site and there's a wealth of knowledge amongst you all... it's just all a little over my head. I've attached the two pictures that I have on this computer. I can get more when I complete my Annual Training and get back home to MN after 01Aug. I'm asking $1,500 total which is the price I paid, minus what I got for the roof and tailgate, plus the wiring harness. I think that's a fair price. Not trying to get rich. Just like to see her go to a good home.
Attachments
IMAG0329.jpg
IMAG0329.jpg (31.76 KiB) Viewed 999 times
m37.jpg
m37.jpg (26.97 KiB) Viewed 999 times
GWOTvet
PVT
PVT

Re: 1952 M37 For Sale/Parting out

Post by GWOTvet »

SOLD!!!

Wow. That was fast. She's found a new home and will hopefully be restored to her former OD green glory. Thanks all...
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Well done, hopefully the new owner will let us know in good time with their own build blog as to how the truck is progressing....

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Congrats on the sale! Please send the buyer to this forum so he/she can sign up with us!
Thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
GWOTvet
PVT
PVT

Post by GWOTvet »

Will do. When I get home, I'll get the numbers of the data plate too and get her on the registry.