Plans for 2014

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: Plans for 2014

Post by m-37Bruce »

Be careful, I'd try and hang on to her, they are getting more pricier! I have made arrangements for the OD Godess to go for a ride tomorrow, someone else is going to finish her re-wire!!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

tbone1004 wrote:moving to Greenville SC to work for a company called Innegra Technologies as well as consulting for a company called North American Rescue. Similar type job to what I have now, but much closer to family for both Paige and I. Good move, just stressing about having to sell or ship the truck. Hopefully sell and I can start over when I get a new place. The garages are so damn small down there!
Hey tbone, Sent you a PM with my e-mail address. Send me an e-mail and we can get in contact.

We have a group of guys in a club down here in the Greenville area and events just about every month. I know shipping your truck might be a pain but we have at least 4 M37's in our club plus other vehicles too. We have two events this weekend.

Alan
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Well lets see, I need to spot paint the undercarriage where some surface rust appeared after sitting outside for 2 months before my pole barn was done. I noticed traces of brake fluid oozing from the right rear wheel cyl. so I need to investigate that, I installed 4 new ones I bought from Charles about 2 years ago. I have not had the blackout lights on recently and need to see if a corrosion has built-up on the bulbs/sockets. Also need to lube all the grease and oil can points. Last time I had the cargo canvas on I saw a couple of small tears that should be looked after.
I screwed up last January on a below zero night, went to the dark garage to top off the antifreeze and from a already opened jug added about a pint of dirty old crankcase drainings, yup into the radiator. :twisted: Spent a bunch of time getting that mess taken care of with advice from MM but that's history now but thought you guys would like a good laugh on me. :oops: Can not thing of any other things I need to do in 2014 but it is an M37 and I am sure something else will crop up. :wink:
Happy motoring folks. Carter
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

My plan for 2014 is to make it to 2015. Anything more than that is a bonus! :mrgreen:

later,
bob
pwrwagonfire
SSGT
SSGT

Post by pwrwagonfire »

Happy to say that so far ALL of my yearly goals have been met! At the body shop getting my cab corners done, and primer now...hoping paint in time for the 4th of July

Maybe do a few "fun" things to keep my interest up, like having a spotlight mount made up, finally getting my winch on, etc

-T
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Let us know the how's & why's of your spotlight make-up, do you have the correct drawings?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

Post by wvcharlie »

I am hoping to get power steering in mine sometime this summer. I drive it a lot and we all know what a work out parallel parking can be. Also, some adjustment of the hydraulic clutch setup so the pedal is easier to push in.
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Brett »

Well I'm making some progress on my list, and adding some other stuff as well. Good thing I've still got half of the year left. You can see the progress HERE

Brett
Hawk101
PVT
PVT

Post by Hawk101 »

Spend the day down the lock up today, working on getting the battery box installed, also had to get new batteries to fit in the box and the hold down, so thought I might as well get brand new cables as well.
Batteries are a little small, but when hold down is screwed down tight, there's no movement at all, and fit in nicely.
Its amazing how much tidier it looks "before and after" install. Image Image

Next job is installing a proper signal stat, as my M has a rocker switch, attached to a small bracket that hangs from the dash, just under the choke.

Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Nice work!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
pwrwagonfire
SSGT
SSGT

Post by pwrwagonfire »

m-37Bruce wrote:Let us know the how's & why's of your spotlight make-up, do you have the correct drawings?

I actually got the CAD drawing with all of the measurements off this board at one point...Going to bring it to a local welding shop which I've done business with in the past, along with a bunch of pictures. Will be sure to post them when it's done! (Wont be for awhile)

I have been doing a bunch of "save your stuck buddy late at night in the woods" with my truck, and I like the look/rarity of the M-37 spotlight mount

-T