maiden voyage

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

jacksauto
PVT
PVT

maiden voyage

Post by jacksauto »

finally took her out on the town (smalltown),to the gas station and the coffee house ,what a reception I got from most everyone,she is so fun to drive ,I put my 2 Labradors up front with me and off we went .kept going around the block ,didn't want to go home.what an I catcher.there is a parade in town but too late to get in it.maybe next year,anyway just wanted to let u all know what a fun trip its been so far,thanks for listing............... Jack 53 M
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Re: maiden voyage

Post by ZGjethro »

Jack, I know what you mean, along with many guys here I presume. I live in a pretty rich ski town, and it is full of expensive Audis, Range rovers, Porsches, etc. My old truck turns more heads, and gets more thumbs up than any vehicle in town. There is another guy, a surgeon, whose father had a command car in WW2 and he owns it now. It might be the exception, since it is pretty unique and is in original condition, just a little faded paint. I pretty much grin ear to ear when I am driving my truck in town.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Way to go Jack! It's a great feeling to finally take a spin and watch the reactions. Congratulations!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Good stuff Jack, you can't beat the feeling of going for a drive in an M37 for the first time (or any vehicle you love for that matter), I hope you have many more enjoyable trips to come :-)

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
jacksauto
PVT
PVT

Post by jacksauto »

I own an auto upholstery shop for 35 years and I get a lot of high dollar cars and my M gets as much attention as they do,found an original vietnam army helmet on e-bay ,that will be a nice addition sitting on the seat for show ,thanks for the feedback ,everybody's other experiences are nice to hear ,Jack