Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

w30bob
1SG
1SG

List Your Parts Finds/Bargains HERE

Post by w30bob »

Hi Guys,

Ok, seems the consensus is that sharing is a good thing...........so here goes. I suggest we use this thread to list the parts we find that are "deals" for all to share, and keep the discussions to a minimum. Obviously if someone knows of something listed here that's cheaper somewhere else let's hear from you.

I'll go first. Here's three things that arrived today that I can't find cheaper anywhere else. All of these parts are from http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com. They are listed under "military parts" in the upper right hand corner of the screen in the M37/Power Wagon section.

First are headlight housing doors or trim rings. If you have a headlight with a dented or rusted trim ring......here you go. NOS in the bag for $4.99.....it even comes with the 3 screws and little screw retainers on the back......all for less than the price of a sandwich. :mrgreen:

. by w30bob, on Flickr

Next up is the blackout light door or trim ring. Same deal as above....if yours is cruddy you can get a brand new one for $2.75. Less than a bag of chips! You can tell I'm hungry. :mrgreen:

. by w30bob, on Flickr

And the last (and maybe best) deal of the day..........lifting shackles. NOS set of 4 for $24.95.......way cheaper than anywhere else I've seen and they're NOS government issue, not the cheap Chinese repops.

. by w30bob, on Flickr

ArmySurplusWarehouse ships fast, packs well, and doesn't kill you on shipping charges.

OK...............who's next??

regards,
bob
PVT
PVT

Re: List Your Parts Finds/Bargains HERE

Post by 002 »

Thanks. Ordered set of headlight rings, throttle cable, lift shackles, and door hinges. The hinges showed not enough in stock on the website but a quick call found an error and they were quickly added to my order. Good Seller. Thanks again.
PVT
PVT

Post by 002 »

Purchased hub protectors for AVM hubs from Mike Clark. $100 each plus shipping. rusty wreck <mrmc99@yahoo.com>. I'm NOT this person. I have not received mine yet, but have seen the product. He said he will have to make another run. Not a steal but a good price.

52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

What do "hub protectors" for an M-37 look like? I've heard about them but I have never seen a set. Do you have any pictures?

52 M-42
pwrwagonfire
SSGT
SSGT

Post by pwrwagonfire »

Heres my bargins...don't hate me. An LU-4 for free.

A new M-37 radiator, I got it by trading 2 fenders, a winch bumper, 2 intake manifolds and a set of splash gaurds for under the engine

-T

I THINk the hub protectors are pieces of metal that shroud the locking hubs...somebody on SS posted pictures a couple of years ago, but I cant seem to find them now
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Now pwrwagonfire..........that's quite a bargain..........but you're supposed to be listing things here that you find really cheap THAT THE REST OF US CAN BUY.......not you're personal bests. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But you did give me a great idea for a new post!! :D

regards,
bob
pwrwagonfire
SSGT
SSGT

Post by pwrwagonfire »

w30bob wrote:Now pwrwagonfire..........that's quite a bargain..........but you're supposed to be listing things here that you find really cheap THAT THE REST OF US CAN BUY.......not you're personal bests. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But you did give me a great idea for a new post!! :D

regards,
bob

AH I didn't understand the question I guess! But...there it is anyway! :lol:

I got a good bargain off ebay; spare tire locking bar, NOS...$2.95. Still several listed on there. Compared to the pricing other places ($12.95 at VPW), hell of a deal on a tiny little part

HERE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-vehicl ... de&vxp=mtr

-T
98taco3
CPL
CPL

Post by 98taco3 »

scored a set of NOS rear fenders in 24087 paint for 125 bucks on ebay the other day. Been looking for replacements since I ran over my good original one :oops: And Im liking this whole not having to do body work and paint them thing. NOS it is :mrgreen:
PVT
PVT

Post by 002 »

Hub protectors... Locking hub guards... Money well spent.... Call them what you like. I am getting the Board attachment quota has been reached message so I can't post a pic I guess. 5 Inch round pipes that bolt horizontally out from the drive flange bolts to protect aftermarket locking hubs on the front axle
ZGjethro
SFC
SFC

Post by ZGjethro »

A year ago I was looking for a bikini top for the truck. Beechwood canvas had on, but it was about $475 if I remember. That was way too much for me. They said they are made on a custom basis, so that was the reason for the high price. I was on the Beechwood site a couple of weeks ago, and the top was $195 for basic canvas. I paid a little more for a vinyl top. Here is the link https://www.beachwoodcanvas.com/order/productlist.cfm
part number DG-2308
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

Thanks for the explanation on the hub protectors. I would really like to get a set of those, even if it is a little late in the game for me (I should have gotten them 30 years ago when I got my Warn M-13 Hubs).

52 M-42
tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Post by tbone1004 »

Not a stock part, but I have been eyeing these things for a few years now and somehow today they were 75% off with $9 in shipping. Great idea for you guys that have converted to 12v and are thinking about doing a dual electrical system.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Systems- ... B001VIXLRO

Edit:
well that was to good to be true, just got a cancellation notice on the order. damnit