Command Truck folding table specs

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

creinemann
SGT
SGT

Command Truck folding table specs

Post by creinemann »

I am looking to build a command table in the back of my M37, does any one have specs or photos of one?
Carl Reinemann

1953 M37 USAAF
1953 M101 Trailer
1961 M416
Too many military collectibles to mention

http://m37.crwdesigns.com
M37 Restoration Site
http://dodgem37.com
http://facebook.com/creinemann
http://legendary-antiques.com
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: Command Truck folding table specs

Post by 52 M-42 »

I have one, but I don't have the specs or drawings for it. I can send you some pictures if you would like me to. Just PM me your direct email and what you would like to see.

John at Midwest Military made some up a few years ago. He might have drawings you could talk to him about.

52 M-42
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DAP »

I would be interested in seeing the drawings also.
All in Air Force blue and black trim
1962 M37B1
rectangular window hardtop, converted to Hercules 4 cyl diesel-intercooled & turbo charged, 12V, disc brakes
1962 M116A1 Generator trailer
1962 M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer
1964 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer
sturmtyger380
SFC
SFC

Post by sturmtyger380 »

I too am interested in drawings and photos. My truck may have been a command version.

Alan
47 CJ2A
53 M38A1
52 M37
51 M38
67 M416
?? M101A1
Carmen
PFC
PFC

Post by Carmen »

Post the photo and drawing here. We would all love to see them.

Carmen
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

I don't have any specs or drawings for these tables. As I stated in my first post, John Bizal at Midwest Military made some of these tables a few years ago. He MIGHT have specs and drawings for these tables or you might try to get him to make a few more. He is the only person I know of who might have specs and drawings.

I WISH I had the specs and drawings, but I don't.

I took some pictures of the table this evening when I got home from work. I hope they help, but these tables are more complex than they appear.

The first photo is of the table as a whole. The picture is of the bottom side so you can see the legs.

The next picture is of the flange that holds the table to the side racks of the truck when it is set up in the bed. This bracket also holds the legs to the table top when the table legs are collapsed.

The next two pictures are also of the same bracket, but viewed from the underside of the table when the collapsed legs are captured by the brackets.

The next photo is of the top of the leg assembly showing the hinge which is at the front edge of the table.

The next photos are of the legs extended. It shows the hinge and the locking mechanism for keeping the leg rigid.

This photo shows the thumbscrew used on each leg for height adjustment. Each leg can be adjusted for uneven ground when the table is used with the tailgate outside the truck.

I've got more pictures if someone wants them.

52 M-42
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

The pictures are great and they show a lot of detail. Can you take a tape measure to the board and the brackets to give the overall measurements?
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
JBizal
CPL
CPL

Post by JBizal »

I made these tables a number of years ago as it was said. To do it right, there are a lot of pieces to this table. I still have some in stock.
Regards
John
MWM
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

Here are a couple of pictures showing the width of the table (side to side) and front to back. These dimensions are not critical. The thickness is 1/2 inch.

I'm sorry, but I just can't dimension all the parts for this table. It would take a serious amount of time to do a drawing and spec all the parts.

John at Midwest Military is the best source I know of to help you with these tables.

Here is the width of the table.

Here is the depth (front to back) of the table.

Sorry about the rest of the dimensions. It is just too big of a project for me (especially this time of year). If someone is in the area of Seattle who wants to stop by and do it, PM me and I'll see what we can work out.

I still think John is your best bet though.

52 M-42