Door adjustment

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

rickv100
SGT
SGT

Door adjustment

Post by rickv100 »

Has anyone had any experience adjusting the door hinges? I am installing the passenger side door on my replacement cab, the door is not sitting level with the front and rear of the door opening. The rear of the door is above the rear edge of the door opening about 1/4".

According to the manual I need to bend the door hinges to adjust the vertical alignment in the opening using the appropriate tool. What is the appropriate tool?

Rick
Brett
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Door adjustment

Post by Brett »

Hammer and a block of wood? That's what I would use. Check and make sure the wedge isn't what's putting the door out of alignment as well. You could also try swapping the upper and lower hinges, and see if that helps if your a little leery of beating on your truck with a hammer.

Brett
Cal_Gary

Re: Door adjustment

Post by Cal_Gary »

Mine still aren't perfect and I used heat and a hammer on the hinges for some extra nudging. Further research revealed afterward that if I cinch up the bolts just enough to be snug but still have some movement, I can close each door easily (which aligns them) then reopen them carefully to tighten the mounting bolts.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500