Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Hawk101
PVT
PVT

Help Please....

Post by Hawk101 »

Hi,
Please excuse my ignorance,
can someone help me out, I cant seem to find any info about this piece or what its even called,"outlined in red in attached photo"
The rubber piece in my cab is completely shot to bits, and gets on my nerves, so im looking at renewing.
Any help is appreciated.
jimmy_stikx
SGT
SGT

Re: Help Please....

Post by jimmy_stikx »

My understanding is that it's a power cable port for radios mounted in the bed area. Can't currently help with the gasket bit. Hopefully someone moe knowledgable will come along shortly.
DAP
SSGT
SSGT

Post by DAP »

Get a thick piece of rubber and cut to match. I have a leather hole punch I use to make the screw holes and a gasket punch to make the center hole.
All in Air Force blue and black trim
1962 M37B1
rectangular window hardtop, converted to Hercules 4 cyl diesel-intercooled & turbo charged, 12V, disc brakes
1962 M116A1 Generator trailer
1962 M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer
1964 M101A1 3/4 ton trailer
macibell111
CPL
CPL

Post by macibell111 »

yes it is the receptical for the radio cable that goes to the battery,runs through the cab behind the driver seat and into the battery box .u can get the cable from midwest jeep. also comes with a cap when not using the radio, the radio bolts on to the troop seat to the left of that opening next to the cab.mine has everthing plus I have the radio for it too.
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Post by 52 M-42 »

The complete cable, cap and installation is available from Midwest Military. I believe the total cost is $35 plus shipping. The plug alone cost more than that from an electrical supply house.

52 M-42
Hawk101
PVT
PVT

Post by Hawk101 »

Hi Thanks for the reply's.
I'm not really bothered about rigging up a radio,
so I'm thinking of capping off the port in the cab, as my bed port is capped, just visible in photo.
Thanks again