Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

m35gibson
PFC
PFC

funny story

Post by m35gibson »

hey guys,
got a funny story for you,
i work in chambersburg pa, for foodlion, one evening about two weeks ago, a tractor trailer hauling a apc m113,[i think i have the# correct]
pulled in to our shopping center, and pulled around back.this was a nice rig, high dollar large sleeper conventional, the apc was no doubt surplus,
there was a elderly couple driving the rig, anyway, about twenty minutes
after there arrival, i went to the back of my store thru vender entrance
to get a better look at the carrier, the couple that were in the truck,
at this point were digging for food in our dumpster :shock: ,they have a
brand new, tractor trailer, and an armored personal carrier worth,
god only knows, and they are digging thru our dumpster
go figure
kevin gibson
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Semi

Post by Nickathome »

They're what you call Semi-poor, I guess. Kinda like those people that buy the big fancy house but can't afford to furnish it!

Kevin;

You gonna make it to the East Coast Rally this year? I'll be there as always. Look forward ot seein gyou again if you're going.

Nick.
Last edited by Nickathome on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m35gibson
PFC
PFC

Post by m35gibson »

hey nick
well to be honest, i just got into a relationship, with someone, who IS NOT
into my hobbies,where she lacks, in some areas, she sure makes up in others :wink: , i doubt i will be going at all this year, work sucks right now, an i need all the hours i can get, the duece will need a messload of prep work,, its been sitting since, may 18th, 07 in storage, its still in great shape, just alot of stuff to do to it and no time.
kevin
if it aint broke, fix it till it is.
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Rally....

Post by Nickathome »

Aww come on man, you gotta make the trip. Won't be the same without you there. Just bring the bread and butter vehicle if you have to. I think you're gonna miss the comaraderie of the show if you pass it up. Bring the babe along too. Maybe the trip will change her mind a little about your hobby. Just don't let her kill it outright for you, thats never a good thing for a relationship. My wife has zero interest in any of my hobbies but she tolerates them, because she knows thats what I am into.

I hear ya about work. My job blows but it pays the bills and we sure got a "S" load of them.

I finally got my truck licensed and its on the road albeit only on local trips. I don't trust it for anything else right now. I'd love to drive it to the show but 40 miles one way right now is pushing it I think. So, I'll be taking the F150 this year.

Glad to hear from you, and hope you can make it to the show.
Tom @ Snake River
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Tom @ Snake River »

I know why they were "dumpster diving" - have you ever priced over the road diesel lately. :lol:
www.snakeriver4x4.com
M-37's - WC-51 - M-29C - WC-25 cc - CCKW
M-274 - M-101 - G-527 Water Buffalo
G-7117 Chevy
Nickathome
1SG
1SG

Diesel

Post by Nickathome »

I know a guy (through my son's scout troop) who's business is excavation. Last I heard him say, he was paying close to $4.00 a gallon for diesel, and he drops big bucks too because he has alot of equipment.
xm708
SSGT
SSGT

diesel

Post by xm708 »

$4.25 a gallon uphere in north eastern VT. Buddy parked his kenworth and trailer till prices drop. I have to call a guy I was supposed to deliver a m37 for last fall. Fuel is up about 1.00 a gallon and don't want to work for nothing.