Auto insurance for M37

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

N1VSM
SSGT
SSGT

Re: Auto insurance for M37

Post by N1VSM »

Rusty1340 wrote:I have Historic tags and historic insurance with state farm 500.00 deductible on collision 100.00 comp Stated value 5000.00 at the time. Agent said once I start to put more mony in he could up the value.
Just curious - are there any restrictions on your vehicle use with Historic tags in your state? I know in CT, there are no restrictions (ironically, they are called "Early American" tags - funny to see them on antique imports). In MA, if you have Antique plates, you are (supposedly) limited to driving (1) on weekends (2) to or from shows (3) to or from the repair shop. Fortunately, in both states, you are not required to register your vehicle as an antique if it is one.
You can trust your mother, but you can't trust your ground.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

My Vintage Plate means "limited use" but there is no mileage limit that I am aware of. Going with a Vintage Plate in Utah exempts you from the vehicle inspection, which mine would have failed for the faulty horn and weak brakes (to be fixed this year).
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Rusty1340
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty1340 »

N1VSM wrote:
Rusty1340 wrote:I have Historic tags and historic insurance with state farm 500.00 deductible on collision 100.00 comp Stated value 5000.00 at the time. Agent said once I start to put more mony in he could up the value.
Just curious - are there any restrictions on your vehicle use with Historic tags in your state? I know in CT, there are no restrictions (ironically, they are called "Early American" tags - funny to see them on antique imports). In MA, if you have Antique plates, you are (supposedly) limited to driving (1) on weekends (2) to or from shows (3) to or from the repair shop. Fortunately, in both states, you are not required to register your vehicle as an antique if it is one.

No restrictions with the insurance. The state of Maryland has a few like occasional use not an everyday vehicle
MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor