Pix from 2012 East Coast MV Rally

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Carter
1SG
1SG

Pix from 2012 East Coast MV Rally

Post by Carter »

Thursdays shots, more tomorrow and Saturday.
Webshots Album: http://community.webshots.com/album/582778516PTUcYS

Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Re: Pix from 2012 East Coast MV Rally

Post by vinnytruck »

THANKS CARTER, CANT WAIT TO BE THERE. VT
vinnytruck
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Thanks for sharing Carter, I had planned attending, but had other commitments to deal with.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

Truck looks nice Carter !!

Stu
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

M37UK wrote:Truck looks nice Carter !!

Stu
Not mine but looks great, interesting front bumper and winch.

Mine: Image

Well Bruce, sorry you can't attend, I will have to find someone else to help me install my cargo canvas when I get there.

See you there VT
Carter
Life Member:
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Carter your truck looks great too! I have been wanting to go to the East Coast ralley for like 10 years now and ever single year something is in the way. This year we are having a baby shower for my oldest daughter on Saturday at our house so of course I can't go....gotta be around to help out if needed.....I am so wannting to be there at the ralley... :lol:
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Attending the shower will be more important for you to remember in future years since family memories out weigh any rally ones. For many years my battle cry was "I missed out this time but I know I'll make it next year." and everytime something would be wrong with the truck or family stuff kept me away and now I am happy for the family time memories. Cherish yours, and you can say "I missed out this time but I know I'll make it next year." :D

I have added 40 more shots to the rally album: http://news.webshots.com/album/582778516PTUcYS?start=12 including this fellow seen behind the wheel of the Marine Green M37:

Carter
Life Member:
vinnytruck
SGT
SGT

Post by vinnytruck »

Many Thanks Carter for including my brother and I in your album. Wasnt it a grand old day...VT
vinnytruck
vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Post by vtdeucedriver »

Hey Carter,
Thanks for giving Roberta a hand.
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club Army Transportation Association Vietnam

http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com
1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Carter, thanks for sharing the pics. That is a great shot of you behind the wheel of the M37, I thought you trimmed that moustache? :lol: :lol:
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Vinny, it was great to meet you and your brother, had to chuckle at him trying to use a digital camera for the first time. Let me know how the surprise works out.

Tried to do what I could Jeff, she called me Sat. to say truck would not start for loading but soon phoned back and said all was well and it started and was on the trailer, no help needed. She needs a mechanic who knows M37s to spend a couple of hours looking it over. She said sometimes hard starting was an issue and that could send someone in several different directions so time should be spent checking it all out, as I had no tools there was not much I could do but give ideas of where to look.

Sandy wants me to shave and give up smoking, however David, I would not look the same with out the moustache and a cigar shoved in my face. :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Hi Carter,

Great meeting you at the Rally!! Nice truck too. I can only hope mine looks like that someday. Great pics, mine didn't turn out that good. But who is that good looking guy in the flannel shirt holding that engine hand crank that's leaning on your truck?? Oh yeah, that's me (except for the good looking part)!! Hey, the Rally was fun and it sound like you and Roberta finally got to talk. Great seeing you in person!

regards,
bob
k8icu
1SG
1SG

Post by k8icu »

Carter, no worries if I miss a MV show due to family that is fine by me. It's when work makes me miss the ralleys that I get cranky. This year I had family yesterday and today I'm at work... sort of a double wammy...lol! Great pics from the show and it looks like a good time was had by all.
M37s are HMMWV in my world!
vtdeucedriver
SFC
SFC

Post by vtdeucedriver »

Carter wrote:Vinny, it was great to meet you and your brother, had to chuckle at him trying to use a digital camera for the first time. Let me know how the surprise works out.

Tried to do what I could Jeff, she called me Sat. to say truck would not start for loading but soon phoned back and said all was well and it started and was on the trailer, no help needed. She needs a mechanic who knows M37s to spend a couple of hours looking it over. She said sometimes hard starting was an issue and that could send someone in several different directions so time should be spent checking it all out, as I had no tools there was not much I could do but give ideas of where to look.

Sandy wants me to shave and give up smoking, however David, I would not look the same with out the moustache and a cigar shoved in my face. :wink:
Thanks for doing what you could. This was her first MV show as a owner and from what she said, she got to meet some fellow Steel Soldier members so hopefully one will be able to help out. Im glad to do what I can as far as troubleshooting from VT. Sounds like she is starting to get the hang of it.
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club Army Transportation Association Vietnam

http://linehaulrvn.tripod.com
1951 M37
1954 M37
1953 M62
1967 M54A1C
1968 M54A2C
1968 M52A2
1966 M151A1
Rusty1340
PFC
PFC

Post by Rusty1340 »

Hello New guy here The East Coast Rally was great I picked up my first M37. Going to have some questions.

MVPA #32564
WAC/B&G MVT
Patriot Guard Riders
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor