Cargo Cover Wanted

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
overton
PVT
PVT

Cargo Cover Wanted

Post by overton »

Looking for a good Cargo cover. Anyone have one that they would like to sell? If not, I'll be ordering one from Mona at New Life or Wee Bee. Wee Bee price is a little higher. Not sure if there are any major differences. I think they are both pretty high quality. Let me know if you have a cover for sale or an opinion on where to buy. Getting the bow hardware painted and should be ready in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Greg
Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Rick C »

If you buy one, have Mona put in the flaps that secure it to the ridge pole. When Judith owned the company she suggested it to keep the top from flapping and they work great!!!!
Rick
TOM R
SSGT
SSGT

Post by TOM R »

my top is from midwest it is nice :D
1945 t24/m29 weasel
1946 cj2a ww2 style
1954 m37
mvpa 31698
nra lifer
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

I went with Mona and have found her easy to work with - she is located and recommended by MW. My top has not been sewn, but I will ask the question on the ridge pole flaps! Thanks
overton
PVT
PVT

Midwest

Post by overton »

I think John from Midwest uses Mona for the covers he sells.
TOM R wrote:my top is from midwest it is nice :D
TOM R
SSGT
SSGT

Post by TOM R »

don't think mine has the ridge pole stay flaps but that is a great idea, like the ww2 jeep summer tops
1945 t24/m29 weasel
1946 cj2a ww2 style
1954 m37
mvpa 31698
nra lifer
SydneyM37
CPL
CPL

Rear Canvas

Post by SydneyM37 »

Mine is from John at Midwest, very happy with it, Don't know who he uses, and wouldn't mind knowing what grade canvas, seems like 16 or 18,

Care to chime in John ?

Bruce
Keep em green to keep ya keen
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Just received 2 sets of seat covers, various straps, and chain covers from New Life - seams are nicely finished and the mil spec material is really nice. She is very nice to deal with and delivers as promised. I'll let you know when the rest of the canvas arrives. Thanks Mona!
overton
PVT
PVT

Calling Mona

Post by overton »

I sent an e-mail to a couple providers and some took two weeks to respond. Mona seems to have a leg up. Where did you all get the straps that secure the canvas and are they webbing or leather? How did you secure the straps to the bracket? Rivets?
Thanks,
Greg
DaveO
PFC
PFC

Post by DaveO »

I got the brackets and straps from MW. I ordered leather, but opted for webbing instead for less maintenance. My cover is new enough that I didn't want to stain it with neatsfoot oil. I'll get over it. :wink:

I ended up hand-sewing the straps on with some stout nylon thread and a sail needle.

Dave
Dave Ostlund
1941 WC9
1952 M37 W/W
1953 M38A1
M116
RTFB
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

I purchased my cab top from Adirondack Dodge, it was made by the original manafacturer. He also carries the cargo tops and usually has them instock and ready to ship.

http://www.adirondackdodgeparts.com/prod1.htm
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

I ordered the 6 brkts from John at MW. I spoke to Mona and she said that she could sew or rivet the canvas straps. All I need to do is paint the brkt and send them to her. I plan on having them sewn after paint.