Charles D Briggs Jr. aka Lifer

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Re: Charles D Briggs Jr. aka Lifer

Post by HingsingM37 »

Our sincerest condolences to the Briggs family. Charles was here when I joined this forum and always had kind words and support for my M37 project as he did for others. His insight and humor will be missed and remembered by all of us. I will miss this fine gentleman. Take Care and God Bless.
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
WarrenD
SSGT
SSGT

Post by WarrenD »

My condolences. May God rest his soul.
skinnedknuckles
CPL
CPL

Post by skinnedknuckles »

Very Sorry to here this :cry: :cry: . My prayers are going out to you, your family and friends. It was great to read what he wrote on this forum, you could tell that he had a passion for this hobby. May he rest in piece in a much better place with-out pain.
Charles, may you never miss a gear in your eternal drive :!:
Paul in Janesville, Wisconsin
1953 m37 parts truck
1961 m37b1 finally going together and turning green
and a bunch of other green trucks that are taking over my driveway
MVPA and MVPG member
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Condolences and prayers for the family from my family and employees of M Series Rebuild LLC. I had several phone conversations with Charles over time, great guy.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Very sorry to hear about Charles / Lifer. I've never had the opportunity to talk with him but I always enjoyed reading his posts. He will be missed.

My families prayers go out to his wife and family. Thank you for taking the time to post this message Penny.

Rest in peace brother.
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
Longhunter7
PFC
PFC

Post by Longhunter7 »

My deepest condolences to the family. Lifer was what made this forum a great place. He will be missed!
Longhunter7

Northern Illinois

63' Dodge M37-B1

Molon Lave

NRA Certified Weaponologist
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. We will be having a small get together in Elberton Georgia on Saturday July 16, 2011 starting at 1pm and lasting till ? We will be having his memorial service in Abingdon Illinois on Wednesday July 20, 2011 at the American Legion starting at 12 pm with his burial to follow at Rock Island National Cemetery at 2:30 pm. You are welcome and encouraged to attend. Please feel free to call 706-283-4713 for directions to the one you plan to attend. If no answer please leave a message and we will get back to you. In lieu of flowers we ask that you make a donation to the Myasthinia Gravis Foundation. He lived with this for 16+ years and we would like you to help us in finding a cure.
Many people have asked to see a picture of my father, it is the best recent one we have.

"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Brigand
SGT
SGT

Post by Brigand »

I am saddened to read the news of Charles/Lifer . I've been reading his posts since the Big Electric days. He was a great guy who always seemed to have a good word or a joke for everyone. I will miss his comments and sense of humor. You have my most sincere condolences. Lifer will be missed by everyone here.
Brigand aka Bob Thompson

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.
8543bob
SSGT
SSGT

Post by 8543bob »

I AM SADDENED BY THE NEWS. I always read "lifer's" posts, never passed any up. They were always full of useful info and ofter humorous. I will miss his commentary
BOB
Sal
SFC
SFC

Post by Sal »

My condolences, To you and the family!

Sal
1954 M37 WO/W
1969 M101A1
1967 M416
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

Penny,

While having never met your father, I have known him for quite some time, all the way back to when it was The Big Electric forum. Your father was a wonderful person,his wit, knowledge, and tact made him uniquely able to handle just about any situation around this place, and his input will be greatly missed.

While I am sad to hear he is gone, I am also grateful that his suffering has ceased, and wish condolances for you and the rest of your family.

I was looking through his forum stats, and, it brought a smile to my face to see what his most actively posted in topic was the rebuild thread of my truck. He was always there to encourage anyone and everyone to push through to the end. Now that his own journey on this world is complete, I know that he is in a better place, and hope he is sharing a laugh with old friends.

-Josh
Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Rick C »

Penny, my deepest condolences to you and your family. I have been getting info from him since way back in the Big Electric days. Always willing to share his knowledge and do it in a friendly manner no matter how trivial the information was.
Rick C
topellis
CPL
CPL

Post by topellis »

Wow, I had just been having a conversation with him through posts just a week or two ago. I know his health has been getting worse but had no idea things were that bad. Please accept our condolences to your family. He will be sorely missed.

Mark
Mark Ellis
1953 M37 WOW
1967 M101A1
NRA Life Member
USMC Retired
rixm37
MSGT
MSGT

Post by rixm37 »

I am really sorry to hear this news. Lifer has been a great part of the forum. He was a great contributor and will be sorely missed. My sincere condolances Penny and the family.
1952 M37
M101 trailer
1942 Chevy G506
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

My condolences to you and your family.
I'm going to miss your father's posts, his sense of humor and all of his interventions in this forum.

I've been reading his post since 1996, so I think I know him in some way.

As Josh said sad for him and you, but gratefull that his suffering has ceased.

Thanks for leting us know

Your father and you are going to be in my prayers.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina